Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 24th, 2014 14:00

Awful Support

My laptop screen was having some minor issues one month before the warranty was up, and when a tech came to service it and replace the mother board and monitor cables, the laptop could not charge batteries and the monitor was worse. Then they came out a second time, replaced the motherboard again and then they couldn't even to get it to start up. They came out a third time, replaced a mother board ,and couldn't get it to start up again. It's been down for a number of weeks and is currently at the head quarters, and there's no way to simply send an email to inquire about the status. Since my warranty lapsed in the process of their lengthy and futile repairs, I can't even do a quick chat with customer support. When I called they only tried to sell me a $250 extended warranty for one year. I couldn't get any information about the status of my repairs, or speak with a supervisor to clarify why this has been running on for over one month.

This whole thing has been a nightmare, I had to pull the hard drive before sending it because there was no way to guarantee the safety of my data. There's engineering software I desperately need to use for school on the hard drive and am falling behind with no alternative computer. This whole process started before May 20th and hasn't been resolved. The warranty I paid for was over $400, I could have gotten a computer of like or better quality for that cost if I were to purchase one today. Would never by a Dell again, my HP I bought 8 years ago is still running with out issues, while my Dell out in less than 4 years.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 24th, 2014 19:00

Use the USA/Canada Depot Status Checker.

July 1st, 2014 14:00

I would like information on how to process a complaint against Dell. Thank you

3 Apprentice

• 

8.8K Posts

July 1st, 2014 16:00

WaterBottle10

Here you go, fill  this form out.

Z.............

No Events found!