Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 29th, 2014 16:00

Bad Purchase Experience

I tried to purchase a Dell 20 Touch Monitor - E2014T today.  I noticed that the website indicates a 3.25% interest rate for the life of the payments on select monitors over $199.  As a result, I spent the time to get a credit limit with Dell and was approved.  I attempted to purchase the monitor online.  However, when I went to checkout, my account was not linked to my ID and I was asked for an account number for the credit line, which I have not received yet.

I called the customer service number.  The rep told me he could help me.  I explained I also had a coupon.  When he finished, he quoted me a price that was a$1.00 more than what the online checkout was giving me.  He said he would give me faster delivery.  I said OK.  When I got the confirmation email, it stated that financing was at the rate of 26.99% and that no financing promotions are available.  When I questioned it, the rep said that is the annual, not monthly rate - NO KIDDING.  So is the 3.25%.  The rep stated he could not help me with the 3.25% rate, even though it shows up in the online checkout for that item.

I CANCELLED MY ORDER.  Appears to me to be a bait and switch on the promotional rate.

No Responses!
No Events found!