Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

1 Message

December 5th, 2018 17:00

Cyber Monday, order cancelled, no notification?

Dell Team + Community, 

As a current Alienware customer, I've been looking to refresh my machine for a while now.  Cyber Monday Sale?!  Seemed like a phenomenal time. 

After going to place an order, jumping through an extra check with my credit card company before being allowed to even click "order", and then successfully placing an order and receiving an order confirmation# and email...I'm excited.  Then after a few days, I realize the charge hasn't posted to my credit card and no order updates have come from Dell (but Dell promo emails still arrive). 

Lo and behold, I check my order to find it now says "Cancelled".  Here's what I found after speaking with a handful of extremely unhelpful and unpleasant representatives today. 

1.) A 'fraudulent activity' check apparently happened "with the back-end team" after I placed my order. Another check, because I'd already done this once with my credit card company and they green-lit my purchase  I never received a notification informing me of this extra check that 'failed', nor the order cancellation.  I called my credit card company, who identified the first check down to the minute it happened, but said they never received a second check. Going to call your bluff there, Dell.  

2.) My laptop model is also no longer in stock, despite me being able to order it, but I was offered a "similar model" by multiple reps.  No Dell, this isn't a silly color change..I customized my specs for a reason, especially the financial and functional ones. Don't advertise for sale what you can't sell, please. 

3.) After finally reaching the highest-level person I could, a Floor Supervisor, she proceed to yell at me, informing me that because my order was cancelled without my notification, and the sale was no longer occurring, I would have to initiate a new order at the full retail value. But maybe she'd be gracious enough to give me $100 off. Maybe.

Dell, think you can help this customer actually want to spend money on your products?  Please, provide some real customer service!

No Responses!
No Events found!