Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 25th, 2016 15:00

COMPLAINT ABOUT FINANCING AND WARANTY

DELL-Lorna M

I HOPE Miss Lorna-M gets this I think she is the one I need to help me

We have an alienware 15 computer---my son spilled TEA on it....I was told my warranty ran out in Februaty...Why wasn't I notified in FEBUARY when it expired? So now basicly we have a computer that won't do ANYTHING-won't come on or anything. I was on the phone with DELL costumer service,  Technical Support, financing support...I was on the phone for 30 minutes getting switched from operator to operator. I am NOT happy. One tech told us that it would be $269...another told us that just for shipping it would be $430. I was under the impression that I had the extended accidental damage coverage. I financed it and basicly if I can't come up with the $430 I will be paying for something that doesn't work. I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED in my experience with DELL. We have purchased several computers,printers,etc from DELL over the years.NOT ANYMORE. I will not buy anything from DELL again if I don't get a satisfactory ending to my problem.

Julie Frazier

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 26th, 2016 14:00

Hi Julie,

Thank you for contacting me on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board regarding the expiration of your warranty. Without any specific customer account information, I can only address your concerns in general terms.

Dell has a robust process to try to reach all customers before their warranty expires, so there are multiple ways our customers are informed about an expiring warranty.

·     A Dell image that pops up on the system itself and lets our customers know the warranty is about to end.

·     We attempt to reach them via direct mail, email, and as last attempt an outbound phone call if we didn't connect via the two previous efforts.

·     We have online portals where our customers can check their warranty status.

·     The only prevision to not contacting you, would be if you have previously requested to be included on the Do Not Call list.

If you have already verified your system is out of warranty, please contact us at 1-877-330-9732. You may contact the Extended Warranty Department at 1-866-597-8634. If your system currently is in need of repair, please contact the out of warranty repair department at 1-800-288-4410.

I sincerely apologize for any technical troubles you may have experienced with your Dell system.  Please know, Mrs. Frazier, that we strive to provide our customers with systems and components of the highest quality and the lowest failure rates.  Please understand, though, that this practice cannot guarantee absolutely trouble-free performance.  Like all mechanical devices, computers are sooner or later subject to performance failures, no matter how well built they may be.  Consequently, we provide warranty coverage and a choice of Service Plan Agreements that furnish our customers with a range of options offering thorough coverage at reasonable prices.

We cannot, however, offer such support without establishing limits to our responsibilities.  You have requested that Dell provide you with repair service for your Alienware 15 at our expense.  As you are aware, Mrs. Frazier, your warranty, clearly established at the time you purchased it, expired and your system is beyond your coverage period. The warranty expiration date marks the point at which responsibility for the system's functionality passes from Dell to the customer, and just as we honored your warranty while it was in force, in fairness to all of our customers we are obligated to observe its expiration.  While we certainly appreciate your business, I must respectfully deny your request for a repair of your system at Dell’s expense.

After the system has been repaired out of warranty, it is possible to restore the coverage for a fee and then purchase extended warranty. Visit www.support.Dell.com and enter the service tag number or the express service code. In the menu bar, select Warranty. You will be directed to another page where you can get additional information regarding:

Support Service for Expired Warranties
Fix your hardware challenges rather than purchasing a new system. Let Dell make hardware repairs no longer covered by warranty.

Warranty & Support Services
Your warranty details let you know what coverage and protection you're entitled to for your Dell product.

Warranty Renewal
Upgrade your existing warranty contract to extend your hardware coverage.

I trust this information is helpful. If you have additional questions or concerns, please reply to my email and provide the requested information.

Thanks,
Lorna

4 Operator

• 

2.3K Posts

April 26th, 2016 13:00

Hello!  If your warranty is expired, Dell would have to do a courtesy repair for your computer if they choose to.  All warranties weather accidental, premium, etc., are bundled together at time of purchase and do not overlap each other so if your computer came with a 1 year warranty and your accidental coverage was added on, it would only be 1 year. I would send a private message to Dell-Robert by clicking here and see if he can help you unless Dell-Lorna gets to you first. 

No Events found!