Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

August 2nd, 2018 10:00

Cancelled my order, No explanation or money back.

So, I ordered a brand new XPS 15 for college (July 31). This was my first laptop that I paid for with my own paycheck, and I was pretty excited.

I get an email the next day asking me to confirm my email address, which I did as soon as I saw it. Before I had the chance to do so, I had received another email asking me to contact Dell immediately, something to do with fraudulent transactions. I was at work while this happened, and didn't have a chance to call until around 8 o'clock. The service center was closed, and they told me to call back in the morning. So I thought that they wouldn't cancel my order if I didn't have the ability to get back to them, right?

Wrong, around 45 minutes later I got an email saying my order was canceled. This a whole 5 hours after the original email, of which I spent 4 and a half at work and was unable to respond.

Now today I check my bank account, and the money hasn't been returned, and I have been on the phone waiting for an hour and a half. 

*I finally got through and they told me that my bank (though they couldn't identify what bank) had reported the transaction as fraudulent. I called the bank, three different representatives of the bank were able to tell me that no fraudulent activity had been reported on my account, *since the account was opened*.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

August 9th, 2018 11:00

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the inconvenience you had to go through surrounding your order. 

There are chances that your account is not verified & for safety reasons the order will be canceled to curb fraudulent transactions.

You will not be charged until the order has been invoiced although the amount will be on hold & released by your bank. Please reach out to me if you still haven’t received a refund.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the order number, registered name & email address.

No Events found!