Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

November 10th, 2017 22:00

Customers with orders halted in processing need the option to cancel or reprocess!

What a nightmare of an experience. I've bought from Dell for decades, so I thought I knew what to expect. However, living abroad I did forget to do two important things before completing my order. First, I forgot to update to my new email address after logging in on my old address. Two, I forgot to check that I had set a higher limit on my debit card. I purchased a laptop on two cards, thinking it would ease the blow to my bank account, but only checked the limit on my credit card before ordering.

Long story short, the stage had been set and it was a disaster.

My credit card is now pending a large amount while my debit card is in lock-down after being declined. Though that's my own dumb fault, I can't access the email that was sent to address the payment issue, because that email was sent to an address I can no longer access.

I talked to three reps. None of them would give me an order number, and the last one finally said that there was no order number generated. My own order page is blank since the email was changed, and though this was also my fault I began to get a sinking feeling that this wasn't something I could fix from Japan--or without a team of lawyers. Money had been spent, but there was no conceivable way to get any product from that transaction.

So I got a purchase ID # from the third and final rep, but when I looked into that I found no associated order number. Though my credit card has been charged, I cannot cancel the order or reprocess it from the banking end. Customer Care told me that it was past business hours and ended my call, so Dell is giving up on their end. My only hope now is that having fixed the limit on my debit card the internet fairies will magically reprocess the order. Dell has still not contacted me at my new email address.

I've read enough threads about this sort of thing to know there's a problem here. Dell needs to act decisively and give customers the ability to cancel or reprocess an order that is halted in processing, especially if it's not being built, and it's only a matter of adjusting your payment. It costs Dell nothing at that point, so what is the big deal?

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 14th, 2017 08:00

We strive to provide a great purchase experience for all of our customers. I regret we missed the mark in your case.

Please click on my Dell username & send a private message with the PPID/ order number, registered name & email address. We will look into this on priority.

No Events found!