Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 4th, 2016 16:00

Dell Free Xbox with Laptop Scam

I just spent the last 3 hours getting jerked around by Dell because their online free Xbox offer is fraudulent.  I was hung up on by the rudest supervisor, told by the main receptionist that she would not transfer me to the sales department, and then called back by retention 15 minutes later.  They post a price for the deal (1399.99) and then add the Xbox into the cart at full price hoping you don't notice.  I have the screenshots, print of the chat dialog, and hopefully 2 hours of the recorded conversation where they also claimed that the $100 off offer for PC's over $999 which doesn't expire until June 28th had somehow expired...on June 4th...  It was one false advertisement after another.  They even offered me 5% back for all that I was having to deal with.  That was so kind of them to offer me something that I already receive as a Dell Advantage Member.  Dell, you have gone downhill.  I find your business practices shameful.  I will be sure to post this situation where I can. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 9th, 2016 12:00

Hi MelRain,

I received a reply to my inquiry from Marketing Communications and they are providing clarification regarding the Xbox offer you were interested in.  

The offer listed in the banners on multiple Dell web pages indicates you can receive a free tv OR upgrade to a Xbox one deal. We walk the customer through the combined discount math within multiple lines in the checkout path. The Xbox math works out to $100.  Nowhere do we mention a FREE XBOX. 

I trust this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Lorna

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 8th, 2016 10:00

Hi MelRain, 

Thank you for posting your comments on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board. We appreciate anyone who takes the time to share their customer experience. I truly regret any difficulties you may have encountered while trying to place an order with Dell. Clearly, any degree of rudeness on the part of our representatives is completely unacceptable.  

Sometimes, promotional offers not only have an expiration date but are also limited in quantity. Perhaps this offer was popular and the available quantity had been depleted before you could place the order. I am happy to look into the promotional offer on your behalf. Please reply to my email and provide the requested information so I may access your account records. 

Thanks,
Lorna

No Events found!