Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 20th, 2015 18:00

Dell Gift card never delivered. Dell ignores my requests for status of the gift card delivery.

I have been Dell's customer for 14 years. I bought number of computer equipment from them but this will be my last purchase. Nothing wrong with the laptop I bought 6 weeks ago. But I find Dell customer service worse than anything I have seen - and I have seen a lot of bad customer service in my life. The order included a $150 gift card that Dell rep offered me while on the phone. It is included in my order and I have a document in hand. I never received the card. I tried a chat session but was told that I needed to call a phone line. I called Dell 7 times, beginning October 6, each time I spend at least 1 hour on hold, sometimes get to speak to a live person, only to get transferred to another queue and put on hold for another hour. Right now, I have been on hold with customer service for 1 hour and 8 minutes and was told that the department is now closed and then the line was cut off. I tried calling in the morning, mid-day, at the end of the day - each time with the same result. I tried online email request twice, I received auto-generated confirmation and promise to be contacted in 24 hours. I have been waiting for reply since October 13. My order number is . I demand resolution. I find this being a predatory practice. I don't believe anymore that Dell is sincere about giving customers those cards. I believe it is a trap to get the customer to buy Dell's product and then to wear them out and give up on the discount. The more Dell tries to wear me out, the more likely I will go all the way to the . It is no longer a matter of a $150 discount, it is a matter of predatory practices.  .

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 21st, 2015 09:00

Our apologies for the issues. The Forum Terms of Use violations were removed from your post. I looked up your order and did see this:
462-3637 $150 Dell Promo eGift Card

Be sure to check your email spam folder and filters. Call the Gift Card team directly at 1-877-819-3355. Provide to them your Dell order number and explain that you have not received the card. The email would look like this.

No Events found!