Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 20th, 2015 13:00

Dell Hacked

I just got a call on my cell phone from someone with a foreign accent who knew my name and said he was from Dell, and that over the last few weeks they have been getting reports from my Dell computer that there is a problem.  Was Dell hacked and customer information stolen??  There is no other way the person would have my name, cell phone # and know I had a Dell computer if it didn't come from your company.  What are you doing about that?  It doesn't seem that you are protecting your customers' identities and that someone hacked into your system and stole our information.  This is pretty scary, especially since you claim to be able to protect our PCs but if you can't even seem to protect our info on your servers how can we ever trust this company again??

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 20th, 2015 16:00

This is under investigation. We are reporting each of these to our Dell Legal team. Our Customer Care Liaison (DELL-Lorna M) responded to a similar complaint on this thread. Follow the advice that she posted.

1 Message

December 13th, 2018 17:00

I have had the same issue, a representative called offering some type of extended or protection for my laptop where dell would use administration settings to fix my laptop. I just bought this and now I start it up and it runs games slow, I went to settings and now is telling me about administration controls and what I can and cannot see on my laptop. this is very weird and unsettling. Also, I recently did and update and now some games seem choppy as well. 

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

December 14th, 2018 07:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to investigate this for you.

Did you give access to your computer to the person who called you? What is the exact message you see when you try to access anything?

Do you see any other user account apart from the one you’ve created?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

No Events found!