Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 27th, 2019 18:00

Dell is scamming with Gift Cards

I purchased a laptop back in Spetember. I expected a $100 gift card. I patiently waited, but never received any email. I have called dell 4 times and they said they were investigaying.  Finally I received this email.

"

This is in reference to the recent Dell Order . We called you however could not get connected. 

Visa team had sent you an email to claim the card on 09/04/2019.  

For further details you may reach the visa team at Email: support@dellgiftcardpromo.com or call (888) 346-1443.  

If you need further assistance, please reply on this email without changing the subject line.  

We appreciate your business.  Thank you for choosing Dell.  
Thanks & Regards,
Sheila DSilva."

So I called the Visa team at that Number and they said they do not send any email for giftcards.   The visa team told me this:

" Good day,

Thank you for your email and call.

As per our conversation our team does not send the email on how to participate on this promotion and did not send any emails to you on 09/04/2019.

We are the promotional support and as such we are only processing claims for this promotion according to the terms and condition.

As the terms indicates: 9. Claims must be submitted within 30 days from the date of shipment indicated on the shipment confirmation document. The date of shipment indicated on the proof of shipment is day one (1). If claims are submitted after this claim window, they will be deemed invalid.

Whilst we understand this is frustrating, we have to adhere to the terms and conditions of the promotion.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to get in contact with us again.

Kind Regards,

• Camila @ Dell Promotional Support Team"

BASICALLY, Dell is selling products with Gift Cards promises but is bouncing peoole around different departments to shake their obligations to the consumer.  Customer service says that Visa Team should send me the email BUT VISA TEAM says they do not semd emails. 

• 

25.7K Posts

November 28th, 2019 07:00

Hi,

Request you to sign into your account & then click on the  envelope at the top right corner, Click on Private message tab.

I see that the experts team has successfully registered the claim against your order's offer. As informed, please keep a track of your mailbox including the Spam folders. The gift card would be sent to you in the next 25-28 days.

• 

25.7K Posts

November 28th, 2019 01:00

I know you are upset & you want this to be addressed. I too would love to help you in this case but as the initial step of registering for the offer is not done by you.

There is no exception possible at this stage.

I'm sorry there is nothing that I can do as you've not registered for the offer.

-Anita

9 Posts

Nobody told me to resgister for the Gift Card. During the purchase it says that a gift card would be sent.  NO further information was given.  That is why I encourage all to spread Dell's scam, and I personally will take it further with proper agencies.   

The so called Visa Team doesn't have any record of them sending me any email as it was claim by a rep in my initial post.

9 Posts

The issue is that Dell doesn't tell you that you need an email from them to claim your card.  I waited and now they say it's out of the 30 days when they nevee sent me any email. They did an investigation for over 3 weeks to purposely delay and get my gift card out of the 30 days . Then someone from Dell community joked with this email:

"

Hi Alejandro, 

I thoroughly reviewed the records. Firstly, I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience. 

To claim the gift card, a registration has to be submitted within 30 days from the ship date. For all the eligible orders, an email was sent, informing about the registration process to claim the offer. 

This order is out of 30 days time frame now. Hence, I am afraid that we would not be able to honor the gift card offer now. 

-Pratheepan"

9 Posts

I will spread my documented information  about Dell's gift card scam every where. So people can know.

• 

25.7K Posts

I get your call out & understand your situation as well. Ideally after you place the order you get a welcome email with all the details explaining on how you can claim the offer.

After you receive the system you can register for the offer.

Request you to share your name used on the order along with the email address & phone number privately, let me check if I can do something. 

I'll not be able to commit anything at the moment but will write to you if there is any information shared by the offers teams.

-ANita

9 Posts

November 28th, 2019 03:00

I will be glad to send you my information if you can only tell me how to access the private channel. The email i reveived says Noreply, and I don't see here the PM link to send you my details.

9 Posts

November 28th, 2019 04:00

You asked me to reply to your emil but your email is false. I got the failure to deliver message, so how can I send you the information you requested?

"

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

No mx record found for domain=dellcommunity.dell.com"

No Events found!