Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

1 Message

March 3rd, 2021 10:00

Frustrated Out of Warranty

I sent in my XPS 12 to repair my screen, the battery and trackpad. They received it on January 28th, and I paid over $500 the following day. Over the following 4 weeks I have had to call asking about the status of my repair. No one at Dell called or emailed me to keep me updated. I had to do the work myself. The only emails I received were perfunctory ones when a customer calls to confirm the conversation took place. Every time they asked if I had paid and wasted so much of my time just to find out what was going on. 

After over 12 calls, I have been told they can’t fix my computer, are sending it back to me, AND not refunding the fee to send the laptop. A laptop they shouldn’t have told me to pay $39 to send if they could not repair it in the first place? I’ve been with Dell for a long time, but feel that the company and it’s workers have disrespected me. My first computer was from Dell. No one has taken any of the proper steps to make the situation better. 

I do not expect this to be fixed anymore. I like your laptops but I can’t find it in myself to buy my replacement laptop from you. I just wanted to let you know that once I receive my computer I will be deleting my Dell account and never purchasing from this company again.

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

March 3rd, 2021 10:00

It's true they should never have proceeded with the repair estimate.  The fact is than an XPS 12 at its newest is on the order of 7 or more years old, and parts as a result are likely unavailable.

However, note that the situation would be the same as it is for any notebook computer -- you're just not going to find any of the large PC sellers (or Apple) who will have parts for a system more than 3-4 years old.  

No Events found!