Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 29th, 2015 12:00

Haven't received promotional eGift card for game pre-order

Hello, I recently pre-ordered the game Metal Gear Solid V from Dell with the promotion that included receiving a $25 gift card 10-20 days after purchase. I ordered the game on August 26th, so the ordering, shipping and delivery dates have all passed that time frame. I emailed Dell as of last Thursday, with no response, and again yesterday with no response as of now. This is all very frustrating. I would just like some resolution to my problem.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 29th, 2015 15:00

Hi gt3stuntman,

Dell doesn't receive payment for a purchase until an item ships (invoices). Dell's Estimated Ship Date (ESD) for Metal Gear Solid V is 09/30/2015. The eGiftCard will be issued 10-20 days after the date of invoice (ESD) and is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance.

Thanks,
Lorna

September 30th, 2015 06:00

For some reason it won't let me reply to Lorna from my previous post. It also annoyingly made me create a new community account. If that's not customer service in motion, I don't know what is.

In response to Lorna (and I've quoted her reply):

"Hi gt3stuntman,

Dell doesn't receive payment for a purchase until an item ships (invoices). Dell's Estimated Ship Date (ESD) for Metal Gear Solid V is 09/30/2015. The eGiftCard will be issued 10-20 days after the date of invoice (ESD) and is valid for 90 days from the date of issuance.

Thanks,
Lorna"

Lorna,

That ESD (unless I'm mistaken) is for someone that is buying the game today. I guarantee if you check it tomorrow, it will say October 1st. I've had the game since 9/1/2015, thus it is outside of the promised 10-20 delivery for the eGift card. If you need my account information and order number, I'd love to expedite this problem.

Sean

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 30th, 2015 10:00

Hi Sean, 

Thanks for your response regarding the receipt of the Metal Gear Solid V game. I am happy to look into this matter on your behalf. Please reply to my email and provide the requested information so I may access your account records.

Thanks,
Lorna

No Events found!