Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 3rd, 2014 01:00

Hong Kong pricing?

The Dell U3014 is less than USD1,000 at Amazon.com, and around USD1,500 at the Dell USA website.  (Who in the US would buy from Dell USA??).  Yet in Hong Kong, the price is almost exactly double the US price at USD2,000 (HK15,499). Is there a reasonable explanation for this massive discrepancy? (I've done a bit of a search of price comparisons, and they often mention tax differences, especially wrt European VAT.  I don't think this applies in the case of Hong Kong.)

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 3rd, 2014 06:00

RPG1966,

The positive to buying directly from Dell is that the monitor is tied to your unique Dell Customer and Order number. You do not get any of that when you buy from a reseller. This is a USA based Forum and we are USA liaisons. We have no control over Hong Kong pricing. You should contact Dell Hong Kong sales for answers to your questions.

11 Posts

March 3rd, 2014 22:00

Thanks. Just in case anyone else from HK stumbles across this thread, the price is about USD1200 from the Dell store at Wan Chai computer market, compared to USD2000 on the Dell HK online store! In my opinion, this is an incredibly bad and misleading online pricing policy, Dell.

No Events found!