Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 3rd, 2013 21:00

How do I get a refund?

Past couple of years have been a real nightmare with dell.  in september 2011 I purchased an alienware laptop.  dell charged me for two.  a month after the first one came the second arived.  they credited my account when i told them i only ordered one.  they credited my account when the second laptop was refused and sent back.  they did not call me to tell me about the mix up and instead turned me over to collections (even though i had originally paid for both laptops - they took the money and gave it back).  I should have stayed away after that experience.  I got another laptop this christmas.  both laptops were purchased with 36 month subscription to mcafee (another mistake).  mcafee's latest update doesn't seem to play well with the alienware laptops and i don't have high speed internet to uninstall and download (mcafee only does internet installs - even from a cd) the "latest" version of the security software.  mcafee's tech support has been unable to resolve the issue(s) that have arisen.  when i asked about a refund i was told to get in touch with dell.  so...  how do i get a refund for the subscription time?  the new laptop has almost the full 36 months left and the 2011 laptop has like a year and a half left on it's subscription.  I want my money back so I can get security software that will work properly.

12 Posts

January 3rd, 2013 23:00

In my personal experience, it is very hard to get Dell to refund you anything. I have asked the same question on this forum and been told to contact my local salesforce by phone who has steadfastly refused to provide me with an answer. Apparently, refunds are not part of the script the operators follow. My guess is that It would cost Dell a lot of money if it was obliged to ship back computers and strip them of parts. 

It is not allowed on our USA based Forum>

3 Apprentice

• 

8.8K Posts

January 4th, 2013 09:00

A-D

* Please send your issues to our Customer Care/Order Support Liaison, DELL-Lorna M
* Click this link http://dell.to/PWMBSV
* Click Start conversation or Send Email. She will need the following information to investigate it -
Email Address:
Name:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Re; McAfee refund

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 7th, 2013 12:00

Hi a-d,

Thanks for contacting us. Please contact me privately and provide your customer account information. I am happy to look in this matter for you.

Name:
Email Address:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Service Tag Number:
Order Number:

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you,
Lorna

January 9th, 2013 21:00

here>

No Events found!