Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

2 Posts

October 14th, 2021 12:00

I cannot get a response on a battery order that never arrived

Hello,

On 9/28, I purchased a replacement battery for an out of warranty Latitude E5570. The original battery started to swell and bulge out of the case about 2 months after my warranty expired.

Order number is 

I was billed $90 for a replacement battery (refurbished), and the order details said I should expect it on 10/6. I never received anything, and as far as I know, it was never even shipped to me. I cannot find a person who can answer any questions about this. Calling the customer service line last night resulted in about 4 different transfers to other departments, and 3 different phone numbers were provided to me.

I do not understand why no one can answer to the status as to whether or not this battery has even shipped out. Is it back ordered? What happened? I understand there are shortages right now, but they didn't say anything when I bought it.

The representative from the last number I talked to, 1-866-746-4977 told me that I needed to contact the original sales representative. He told me that this was actually billed as a warranty replacement (which is wrong because I told the original rep I would install the battery myself, and besides, the laptop is out of warranty). I have contacted the original representative twice and they have not responded to me. There is no direct line to this person.  

Can anyone help?

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

October 15th, 2021 04:00

@bigblockelectra 

Please press the blue Accept as Solution button below if this post answers your question.

Post a private message to @DELL-Cares  with your Service Tag and order information.

Do not post that information here.

You can also check the status of your orders in Dell account section. In the My Account page, click on the ‘My Orders’ to view the status of all your Dell orders. To view the status of a Particular order, click on the ‘Order Number’ link.

https://www.dell.com/support/order-status/en-us/order-collection

October 19th, 2021 21:00

I just want to get the battery that I paid for.  I keep getting phone numbers for people who can't help for whatever reason.  I talked to someone on 10/15 who said they had resolved the issue, but I still have no shipping notifications or tracking number.

No Events found!