Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

88 Posts

November 9th, 2018 11:00

Need to file a complaint with corporate

I ordered an Inspiron 15 7000 2 in 1 over a week ago, got it in three days.  I "was" very happy until the problems started and after reloading the os a few times, Dell decided the machine was faulty right out of the box (We won't even mention that Dell's OS image for my machine would not properly setup a zip drive to boot from and we had to spend 2 hours downloading win 10 from microsoft over my crappy slow work wifi).  I would expect that a new machine with problems would be immediately replaced without question but apparently no such luck.

Dell has the machine back has determined it needs parts but of course the parts are not available. (So who sells a machine without having a small supply of parts available right away?) Now laptops generally don't have "parts" per se you're probably just talking about a whole new motherboard, when I was getting IRQ LESS THAN OR EQUAL and UNEXPECTED KERNAL TRAP errors that is likely hardware.  I even put my own memory chip and sata hard drive in it to test those components problem still existed.

If I had purchased my machine at Best Buy I could have taken it back and walked out with a new one in an hour or two but no can't do that with Dell.  I'm expected to wait over a week for parts (no guarantee they'll have them that fast either) or spend two weeks to process a replacement.  Sorry I find both ridiculous. I feel a new one should already have been mailed out to me once they determined it was serious and they had no parts.  If there's a complaint number for corporate they are not making it easy to find.  It's lucky I didn't buy this for an important project or I'd be beyond steamed by now.  

I am not complaining about the Dell employees I am complaining about corporate policy.  I know my $800.00 is only a small drop in a big pond but if they **bleep** off enough $800.00 sales it will soon be very noticeable, not to mention the bad press they'll get online over it.  So I write this seeking a proper place to make a complaint, tired of dealing with people who are barely understandable over the phone most of the time and are obviously reading from a script with no ability to make any sort of decision about anything except to pass the buck to someone else.  So I get a call back tomorrow...I have no faith the answer will be any different and no expectation that I can get a complaint phone number there either.  

No more online purchase from Dell this is just stupid.

10 Elder

• 

24.7K Posts

November 10th, 2018 09:00

If the system is that new, simply call Dell, arrange a defective return for refund, and go buy a replacement system. No, refunds aren't instant - they will need time to receive the system, and process a refund.

No Events found!