Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 28th, 2016 04:00

No update on ownership transfer of my Inspiron 15 5559 series laptop

Recently i have got  an issue with my laptop's power button. when i called the technical support team, they have informed me that for service, it needs an ownership transfer, as i have purchased the product in USA and now im using it in India. it has been more than two weeks since have raised the transfer request but i have not received neither acknowledgement email nor customer care people are in a position to provide me current status of the request (weird). when i was raising the request, i have been said that the SLA for processing is 7-8 business days. but when i called the customer care again for chasing up, i have been said that it takes 15-25 days (pathetic!). Also, there is not any process defined to check on the transfer status (there must be one) and update the customers.

could you please help me in resolving this issue ASAP and get the transfer done so that i can get my laptop back working, by getting it serviced in india.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 4th, 2017 08:00

Hi maheshmulam,

Thanks for contacting us on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board regarding your International Transfer of Warranty, Without knowing your service tag or other account information, I can only respond in general terms.

Please review these Warranty and Ownership Transfer guidelines, Usually, the transfer process takes up to 10 business days, but international transfers can take up to 15 business days. You may also request permanent address changes for your Dell products with a service tag.

Should you still need assistance, please contact the Dell Service technicians supporting your geographical area.

Thanks,
Lorna

No Events found!