Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 8th, 2014 10:00

Nonexistent Returns Department

I have been trying for 10 days (once each day) to reach someone in the Returns Department so as to receive an update on a return that I filed online.  After being transferred to the Returns Department from Customer Service, I patiently wait for 30 minutes, at which time the call is disconnected.  If I try to place a request for a return call through Dell or GetHuman/LucyCall, the Return Department does not call me back, either Sales or Customer Service does.  Either one then transfers me back to the Return Department where I wait again to no avail. My 21 day window expires today.

It seems as though Dell has managed to not only go private again as a corporation, but it is now keeping its Returns Department private, as well.

3 Apprentice

• 

8.8K Posts

January 8th, 2014 10:00

Szazs

Are you trying to find out if they received something that you sent them?  Did you copy down the tracking number?

If I understand your post your are using Lucy while on hold.  I wouldn't suggest that when calling Dell. They might not respond to the prompts or may get confused by the program if they are not aware of it. Then again, if you have used it successfully, all the better.

Z

3.9K Posts

January 8th, 2014 12:00

I hadn't heard of that service, and yeah, I wouldn't risk using that.

I recently had to return a system, and never received a reply through the online system either, but eventually got through to someone on the phone.  I think I called the main number, they transferred me.  Think it took just over an hour total, mostly on hold, but they got it done fine so I'm mostly happy.

3 Apprentice

• 

8.8K Posts

January 8th, 2014 12:00

Get a tracking number, write it down and that eliminates having to call, write, or wonder if you package made it to Dell.

Kind of a simple concept, no?

Z

3 Apprentice

• 

8.8K Posts

January 8th, 2014 17:00

Even Rock Stars get it wrong from time to time, no?

Yes, more than you know....
I am not worthy of that title... actually I don't like it and I'm in  the biz.

Fill this form out.

Also you can email them here.

Let me know, give them a day or two.

Z

3 Posts

January 8th, 2014 17:00

@Z  I never said that I had returned the item to Dell. I have yet to receive an email with the return instructions or a shipping label, or any other communication from Dell for that matter.

Even Rock Stars get it wrong from time to time, no?

No Events found!