Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 8th, 2016 08:00

On Line Order Failing due to Shipping Address

When trying to complete an order for a XPS Laptop on-line I got as far in the checkout process as the Shipping Address screen. The error received was "You have entered or selected a shipping address that appears to be a Post Office Box. Dell cannot ship to a P. O. Box. Please update your shipping address to a valid street address to proceed." However, the address entered was a physical home address. I re-attempted multiple times without success. 

It appears that Dell has changed their Address verification software. I have ordered from Dell in the past (twice for new PC's) without any issues in the shipping address.

I tried contacting Sales support 3 times. One attempt resulted in the sales person trying to take my order over the phone and up-selling me on on something that I didn't want.

This has been a very disappointing experience and a waste of my time. I am going to purchase a HP Laptop on-line instead. 

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

June 14th, 2016 10:00

Hi mikedellamaestra,

Thanks for posting and bringing this to our attention.

I apologize that your ordering experience did not go smoothly.  If you would like me to look into this for you, please send me a private message.  Thanks.

Regards,
Robert

June 14th, 2016 11:00

I went back and tried again and I was able to get past the Address verification. I've ordered the XPS laptop and am awaiting shipping confirmation.

Thanks for responding.

Mike

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

June 16th, 2016 05:00

Awesome, glad you could get that resolved. Thanks again, I'll be closing my case, you may receive a survey in your email.

Regards,
Robert

1 Message

September 10th, 2023 02:42

I'm getting the same error now, even with using previously "Saved" addresses which worked on prior orders. Changing to an entirely new address also does not work.

No Events found!