Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 27th, 2015 00:00

Onwership Transfer Completed...But No Support

I transferred the ownership of a Latitude laptop from US address to Canadian address.  I have "Request to transfer - Status Completed" email confirmation.  However when I try to get support from Canadian site it reports the laptop is still registered in US at old address.

Why?

July 27th, 2015 07:00

The transfer was done in July 2014. I have a confirmation email from July, 8 2014 with a Request ID and it says Status: Complete.  How can they be a full year behind?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 27th, 2015 07:00

The website is always behind our internal tools. Dell Canada Technical support should see the ownership change now in the Dell tools.

July 27th, 2015 08:00

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 27th, 2015 09:00

Not sure. Did you contact Dell Canada Support and ask them?

July 27th, 2015 16:00

I appreciate that you give me a link to Dell Canada, but your website detects my tag and says to call US tech support.  WHY can't the Dell site just show me a phone number.  I have to go to Google to get Dell Canada Tech Support phone number !!

Our records indicate that your system is registered to a different region. If you believe you've received this messaging in error, please confirm you've entered your service tag correctly. For example, try using the number 0 vs. the letter O or the letter B vs. the number 8.

Traveling outside your home country with a Dell laptop that is included in the Dell International Services Program? Click here to find support and service resources for your destination country.

July 27th, 2015 17:00

I Just called Dell Canada.  First called was disconnected.  In Second call, they said they would log a ticket because their Tag Team was closed... not too convenient.   Hopefully they will respond now because they have so far ignored the emails I sent earlier to  Ownership_Transfer_Validation@dell.com .  That was the point of contact suggested in the initial support chat session yesterday.

July 27th, 2015 17:00

I would like to know how to contact Ownership Transfer Validation or  Tag Team Dept for Dell Canada.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

July 27th, 2015 20:00

All tag issues must go through the normal Dell Canada Customer Support channel. The representative will gather all the data and then they will contact the tag team through internal chat. You can see here that there is not a direct phone to the tag team.

July 28th, 2015 19:00

Hi Chris

I called Dell Canada Customer Support yesterday.  Of course, because I work during the day like most people, I called after 6:00 PM.  So I get the  "Oh sorry that dept. is closed, we can't do anything" line.  A ticket was logged, and I was told that someone would call me back today.  And....well, they didn't call.  So I called tech support again and I got the same message all over again.

The so called "Tag Team" that handles ownership transfers seems to be like the Sasquatch, you know "Bigfoot".  People say they exist, but you can never find them or get in contact with them.....very elusive.

No Events found!