Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

June 12th, 2013 20:00

Order messed up 3 times

I ordered an Inspiron 17 laptop with Windows 7 for a friend on Friday and she got a call on Saturday that said the order was cancelled. I tried to call Saturday and was told that they are only open on weekdays. I waited until Monday and by then, The Inspiron 17 with Windows 7 was no longer available. we also determined that the Dell sales entered the wrong billing address so the credit card was denied. All that was available now was a 17R with Windows 8 and it was more money. He worked with his manager and supposedly got the original order resubmitted with the correct billing addreess for the same price. On Tuesday she was notified that the order was cancelled again! I finally got to someone that told me the order number was changed again and it shipped and would be there the next day. Now it comes and it has Windows 8. I tried for 2 hrs to get someone to help me and after getting disconnected 3 times. By the time I got through, they were closed for the day. I then got Tech support and he took my number and said if we got disconnected, he would call me back. He was going to talk to his manager and get me a Windows 7 disk sent out as a downgrade and he put me on hold. After 25 minutes on hold someone else picked up and wanted to know if she could help me. Then she said the department that ordered the computer was closed. I told her that the guy before her was going to call me back if we got disconnected so I hung up and still have not heard from anybody. Is there any way to get someone in the USA that can get this straightened out?

I will never buy another Dell product. I have ordered more than 30 computers from Dell for friends and family over the years and have never had this horrible experience. Also, I was told that Dell has no customer care in the United States. I have spent at least 7 hrs trying to order 1 laptop including 4 disconnects, This is ridiculous! Most of the time I can't even understand the rep.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 13th, 2013 19:00

Hi ccattron1,

Thank you for posting your comments and bringing your concerns to our attention. Please allow me to apologize for any frustration or inconvenience you may have been caused.

Please contact me privately by clicking on my name in blue next to my picture and selecting "Send Email" or "Start Conversation". Provide the following information. I am happy to look into your concerns.
Name:
Email Address:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Order Number:
Service Tag #:
Country of purchase:
Current country location:
Reason:

Thanks,
Lorna

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 18th, 2013 14:00

Hi ccattron1,

I am following up to be certain your concerns have been addressed. If you still need assistance, please contact me privately and provide the requested information.

Thanks,
Lorna

No Events found!