Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 23rd, 2012 02:00

Order not processed, Delayed, Duplicated, Delayed, Delayed... Inspiron 15z

Should I cancel this order:

I placed an order for the new Inspiron 15z on the 11th of November. On the last page of the order it stated that Dell's order system was going through an upgrade so I won't receive confirmation for 2-3 working days. 3 days later I contacted Dell and they said the order wasn't even processed! Fair enough, I got them to process it on that day and got a confirmation on the 14th of Novemeber - delivery for the 19th of Nov. 

15th of November I got a seperate order confirmed. I checked my bank and sure enough, 2 lots of payments have been taken out/held by my bank. I was furious and got them to cancel it immediately. 

19th of November I contacted Dell and they said my bank has still not approved the payment. But they have requested their finance department to release the order immediately and it went through. Needless to say I was extremely angry by that time - no one called me to notify me of this delay or anything about finances holding things up (my bank said they had no problems at all with the amount that was coming out of my account). Order went through and I was told that the new date of arrival is 23rd of November.

I contacted Dell on the 20th of November just to check, as the website order status still showed the order as being in 'pre-production stage'. A rude customer service told me that 'you don't need to contact us'. Fine.. i left it

23rd November (today) - I didn't hear from them yesterday so I assumed that everything was fine. I've pleaded with my wife to change her schedule round just to accommodate waiting at home today for the laptop. This morning I got the dreaded email saying that my order has been delayed - now for the 27th!!! I went straight on the online chat system to want to speak to the Manager, and this really rude CS guy started stalling, gave me no new information.

I wanted someone (a Manager) to take responsibility for this, I wanted him/her to tell me directly that this is unacceptable. Instead this CS guy was extremely unprofessional, asking me what I want with the Manager, telling me that I already know what I need to know, etc etc. Finally after wasting my time he decides to tell me that he can't pass me on to a Manager through online chat!!! 

Dell, I've been a customer of yours for 10+ years. You have let me down big time. If there's a Manager reading this, please contact me as I really would like to give you the name and the chat log of this CS guy who is a real disgrace to Dell. 

Should I cancel this order now? or have faith in them one more time that they will deliver on the 27th of November.

8 Posts

November 26th, 2012 09:00

It looks like my order is delayed yet again. Can someone please help? Order was in on the 14th of Nov.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 27th, 2012 09:00

Hi Groovyjaxx,

Thanks for posting your comment and bringing your concerns to our attention. Please reply to me privately by clicking on my name in blue. On the next page, select the email icon and provide the following customer account information.

Name:
Email Address:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Order Number:

Thank you,
Lorna

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 27th, 2012 10:00

Hi Willie,
Thank you for providing the requested information. I am US based and unable to see your account records. I am forwarding your concerns to our Customer Service Representatives supporting the UK. Someone will contact you as soon as they can.
Thanks for your patience,
Lorna

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

November 28th, 2012 04:00

Hi Willie,

Lorna had forwarded your information to me.

I've checked your details and I find your order has been shipped on the 26/11/2012 and as per the tracking information its estimated to be delivered today (28/11/2012 ).

To further track your order please use your order number and customer number in this link below :

https://www.dell.com/support/orderstatus/uk/en/ukbsdt1?c=uk&s=bsd&cs=ukbsdt1&l=en

Thank You

8 Posts

November 28th, 2012 05:00

This is a classic, live example that something is truly wrong at Dell.

Roshan,L, thanks for your reply. But I received an email yesterday saying that the EDD for my order was pushed back to the 29th, despite having received an email confirming delivery for the 28th. I then received another email later, saying that the email was sent by mistake and my order has now been CANCELED. 

So here we are. After 2+ weeks, my order was not processed, delayed, duplicated, delayed, shipped, delayed, and now canceled. If that's not bad enough, I've now been told that a new order is being processed, BUT it will normally take 3-4 working days to processed an order? How does it take 3-4 working days to process an order, especially for an IT savvy company. What's even worse - the Customer Care person still cannot guarantee that it will it will be processed after 3-4 working days, and when it does get processed, she still can't tell me how long it'll take for me to receive the laptop.

I've given Dell up to this Friday (30th) to tell me that my order has successfully gone through. If it doesn't go through I will cancel it, never return to Dell again, and spread the news about this rather shocking and frankly unacceptable experience.

8 Posts

November 30th, 2012 03:00

Roshan,

I appreciate your follow up on this. With respect, an apology is simply not good enough, and frankly you shouldn't be the one apologising.

The order support team contacted me 3 days ago to say that they cancelled and made a new order. 3 days later (today), the order is STILL being processed. 

You would be more of a help if you are able to get down to the bottom of this, beyond what I already know. There is clearly a big breakdown in communication between the front line, and the manufacturing line. Rather than having an automated system which pushes the EDD by 3 days everytime it expires, someone needs to actually speak with someone (either in person, or through phone with a human being) on the manufacturing side to find out how long thing will take, and what the actual hold up is.

Dell, if you are reading this:

I would be much much happier if you just told me 'sorry, we have a part missing and that'll take at least 2 weeks to arrive, after that it'll take at least 5 more days to put everything else together'. That way, you keep my expectations down, and I can at least decide for myself if I can wait for that long. 

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

November 30th, 2012 03:00

Hi Willie,

I am sorry about the misinformation on the status of your order.There seems to have been some issue with the support website.I have reported this issue to the concerned team to get it corrected.About your order I see that the order support team has already contacted you today and they will follow up with you on Monday with an updated status on your order.

Thank you for your patience.

8 Posts

December 3rd, 2012 02:00

After 4 working days, + 2 weekend days:

This is to inform you that we are still working on the rebook order and nothing is available as of the moment.

I understand the inconvenience, please let us know if you’re still willing to wait for the new order to be processed.

I hope to hear from you.

8 Posts

December 4th, 2012 07:00

Latest update:

Dell hasn't yet been able to process my order. I've instructed Customer Service to cancel the order completely now.

10/11/2012 -    First order placed for a basic Inspiron 15z

04/12/2012 -    After many many many hours wasted, cancelled order.

Extremely disappointed with Dell.

2 Posts

December 5th, 2012 18:00

Hope I don't have same problems I ordered the high end 15z early November and now shipping date moved from dec 5 till new year not sure to cancel or not .

4 Posts

February 3rd, 2013 05:00

I went through a very similar experience when I ordered 2 of these (15Z)  in late November. I wanted them for Christmas, ordered them with plenty of time and stopped researching competitive products.  Many back and forth conversations, delays and missed dates.  At one point Dell quoted January 10th!!!  I was quite frustrated with India support as they didn't seem to have the correct information or ability to dig further.  Just kept giving me a new date.  Clearly something was wrong with the production of this product line but they kept insisting that something was incorrect about my order.  Dell eventually came through and got the laptops here before Christmas.  If Dell is listening - I have also been a Dell user and Dell evangelist for over 15 years. Personally have purchased over 10 computers for myself and family and influenced as many more.  I've rarely had to use support as I am a computer professional and can fix most things myself (and have rarely had to).  However, once I need your team (Dell) it is usually a painful experience. I guess when you have to service millions of customers you need to find thousands of employees that work cheap.  Personally, I'd rather you have the cheap team to support the customers who haven't bothered to learn how to operate a computer and let them pay extra for the common skills they don't have.  Use the higher end (US Based) employees to work with us for orders, sales and production issues where we can't support ourselves.  

So far we really like our Dell Inspiron 15Z laptops. Quiet, powerful, good battery life... Had some issues with the Wireless drivers on both (obviously) and had some challenges with Dell support to get through that as well. 

9 Posts

April 11th, 2013 08:00

I think it is unacceptable for a company to tell their customers: "we are missing parts and we don't know when they will arrive." That is far worse than saying: you'll get your product in three months time. 

I'm going through something similar with a server I ordered. The EDD is next Monday. I am hoping that I will get an email on that date offering me to modify my order with parts that are guaranteed to be in their inventory so I can get my product ASAP.

No Events found!