Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

May 1st, 2018 18:00

POOR CUSTOMER CARE EXPERIENCE - ANY WAY TO REPORT THIS?

I have had a very frustrating experience with my brand new Dell workstation. I called Dell tech support on two previous occasions to confirm that I would be able to add a second hard drive to the laptop. I was told twice that I could do so. I then discovered that--contrary to the technical assistance I had been given TWICE--a second hard drive was not an option because of the battery size. I called tech support a third time, and that representative confirmed that that was correct, and that I had been given incorrect information on the prior two calls.

I then asked how I could exchange the larger battery for a smaller one, or exchange the entire laptop for a version with the smaller battery. No one knew how to answer that question. I was then bumped around for several hours, from one department to another, until I landed in Returns, where I was told that my only option was to return my current laptop (which Dell was willing to do), and to go find myself another one.

I spoke to Oscar, a supervisor in that department, who told me that I had no reason to be upset with the process. Instead, I should be grateful to him for finally providing accurate information. I found his tone and attitude to be very unhelpful, and I now have a very very poor opinion of Dell customer support. I have NEVER had a customer service representative tell me I should be grateful to them for telling me that they could not offer any type of support for an error the company made. I have just spent three hours on the telephone with Dell, and not a single person that I spoke to in all of that time did anything proactive to help resolve the issue I had. Very disappointing experience. I am a new, and very unimpressed, Dell customer.

No Responses!
No Events found!