Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 26th, 2013 03:00

Paid for an order that wasn't approved!

Hello,

I decided to buy an alienware laptop few days ago. I ordered it online but after 3 days i haven't received any confirmation email.  So i decided to call customer support. I rather friendly guy told me that there was a problem with my payment and the couldn't process the order. After that he redirected me to a person who could give me more details. This person informed me that there has been a problem with bank authorization and i have to call them to check with them. So i just called my bank and they told me that no transaction has been done from Dell with that amount of money and that there is no problem (like payment limit since i use a Debit card). 

I called again the previous guy from customer support and he  told me that we can place the order again for the same price so i told him to do so. 5 min later i got a mail stating that the order was fine and about an hour later i was on production stage! Yesterday i got another mail telling me that my first order is no approved!! the one that YOUR customer care told me that they couldn't process because they where unable to process the payment!! I checked my account balance the same time and guess what! I HAVE PAYED FOR 2 LAPTOPS! Needless to say that this thing left my bank account almost empty! I called your customer support again and they told me that the first order was already canceled and the money should be refunded. 

Honestly Dell how can you deduct money after you told me you couldn't do it. Unless your employees are getting bonus for every sales they made so they just lie!. (After a small search i found more people with the same problem).  My problem now is that you took 1400$ out of my account and you need 1-2 days to refund (I doubt the refund will happen on time considering my experience so far) them for an order you could verify the payment!!! 

April 27th, 2013 21:00

Hi NasosL,

Thank you for posting in our Community!

Please provide me any reference number and name on the account for this order/s that you have been charged twice via private message ( click my user name then click start conversation ) and I'll be glad to assist you with it.

3 Apprentice

• 

8.8K Posts

April 26th, 2013 14:00

Honestly Dell how can you deduct money after you told me you couldn't do it. Unless your employees are getting bonus for every sales they made so they just lie!. (After a small search i found more people with the same problem).  My problem now is that you took 1400$ out of my account and you need 1-2 days to refund (I doubt the refund will happen on time considering my experience so far) them for an order you could verify the payment!!! 

NasosL
It's been my experience when a refund is initiated it happens quite fast.  If you don't hear anything in two or three days, post again in this thread and I will expedite the issue for you.
Sorry for the confusion...
Zb1

2 Posts

May 1st, 2013 09:00

Hello, 

I've contacted customer care again and after i asked them to send me a mail stating the exact amount of time it will take for the refund to complete the money were back after 2 hours. Seems like customer care needs a little pressure on them.. Anyway my problem is solved even after many calls.

May 1st, 2013 16:00

Great! Please let me know if you need me to check it for you if in any case you have not received the data you needed.

No Events found!