Start a Conversation

Unsolved

AS

3 Posts

September 27th, 2019 05:00

Promo Visa Prepaid card, must submit claim in 30 days?

The same thing happened to me and I'm completely disgusted now with Dell. I went from being a very happy customer to feeling scammed. 

I was told that my purchase would be eligible for a $150 Visa Gift Card. The only requirements that were clear was that I had to purchase a specific laptop by a specific date, which I did. I fully expected to just receive a gift card for the $150 in the mail or in my email. 

When I had not received my gift card, I started digging a bit and turns out I had to fill out some form to get it, but you had to submit the claim within 30 days of shipment. In my case, life happened and I was quite literally in the middle of a crisis before I realized I never got my gift card. Had I known there was a time limit on when I had to submit this separate request I would have made it a priority. Why on earth would they put this requirement in there and not disclose that up front? Why would you make anyone have to separately request they receive a $150 gift card after they made a purchase? I reached out to see if they could remedy the situation and that also was denied. I'm truly disgusted with Dell now.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

September 27th, 2019 07:00

Thank you for your message. Customers eligible for the Visa promo offer will receive an email on how to update the claim. Sorry to know that you were not able to make the claim on time.

The process terms & conditions have been updated here.

Did you get a chance to make a claim? If yes, when did you update the claim and have you received a claim ID?

Although, our options on expired promos are limited. We would review this and assist you within our support boundaries. 

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the order/ customer number, registered name & email address.

September 27th, 2019 15:00

Thank you for your response. I have sent a message to you via private message.

In the several interactions with Dell that I had on this particular purchase and on the website at the time there was nothing that explicitly and clearly said that anything additional needed to be done (or within a specified time period) to get the gift card so this feels like a bit of a shady process.

I'm hoping something can be done to remedy my claim and to prevent any confusion going forward with future promotions like this. 

• 

25.7K Posts

October 2nd, 2019 13:00

Hi,

We're sorry for the delayed response. I understand that you have a query with regard to gift card. Ideally, an email will be sent with the instructions on how to claim the gift card if the order is eligible for the promo card. Could you confirm if you received any confirmation email regarding the same?

Also, I request you to provide us the order number, email address & claim ID, so that we can review about this.

Thanks,

-Vanitha

October 3rd, 2019 09:00

Since posting my experience to this forum, Dell support reached out to me and is currently working with me to resolve the gift card redemption issue. 

It's obvious that there are a lot of kinks in the gift card promotion process that need to be smoothed out but it looks like if you reach out to Dell support directly (not the Visa gift card folks), they will do their best to work with you to find a solution.

I don't yet have my gift card in hand but once I do I'll post another update. 

I am hopeful you will receive support to resolve your gift card claim as well. 

All the best,

Amy

No Events found!