Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 2nd, 2017 04:00

Purchase "on hold" (or not?) - Updated

I bought a XPS 15 using my approved Dell Preferred Account credit. The tracking shows the purchase is approved and ok, but I received an email saying it is on hold. In this case, is this email just a system glitch or should I really worry about it?

2 Posts

July 2nd, 2017 12:00

Update: I called the number, explained the situation, confirmed my name and phone and order number when asked. After a while they said "at this moment they couldn't confirm my identity and will begin an investigation into the matter yada yada yada.".

Well, then why did they approve my DPA if I can't use it??

I need a computer, that's all... I asked the lady to just go ahead and cancel everything, I'm gonna buy a PC on Amazon or whatever.  She repeated the investigation line.... So apparebtly I can't cancel the order as well?

Frankly, this is ridiculous.

14 Posts

July 3rd, 2017 11:00

Welcome to dealing with Dell...it will only get worse...I guarantee

3 Apprentice

• 

263 Posts

July 4th, 2017 10:00

Greetings,

I regret the inconvenience. Please private message the order number, registered name on the account and your email address. Let me review the order history and see what best can be done. 

You could send us a private message by hovering the mouse pointer over my username, and adding me as friend.

No Events found!