Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 30th, 2018 20:00

Return an Inspiron 15 Gaming 7577 after the return period

Hi,

I would like to return an Inspiron 15 Gaming 7577 laptop. 

At first, I found a minor flaw that the trackpad may be erratic when the laptop starts. As I thought it was trivial, I didn't file a return, and this problem were solved after I contacted Tech Support which upgraded all the drives.

But there's other problems which driven me to contact tech support and were not solved yet: the system sometimes get freezed and do not respond to any of my command, and it may fail to awake after entered sleep mode.

I contacted the Technical Support today, since my 7577 freezed twice within these 10 days. I provided my system logs, but the agent couldn't provide any information and suggest that I send it to the Depot team.

Now the shipping label were created. But I discovered that I could actually just return the product after I read through some discussions here. Can the Customer Care team process my return request? I'd like to pay the shipping cost and restocking fee, since I precious the shopping experience with Dell. By the way, all other item I bought (Memory, a switch game) work well.

Thanks!

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

June 4th, 2018 12:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you on this.

As ejn63 confirmed, a refund can be processed only within the first 30 days. Post that the option will be to troubleshoot & replace parts.

If there are any unresolved issues, I will look into this on priority. For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

June 1st, 2018 07:00

Once you hit 30 days from shipment, return is not an option - your only option is, subject to Dell troubleshooting, repair - not replacement.

No Events found!