Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 3rd, 2013 15:00

Sale over service...customer experience totally forgotten.

I spent days researching and building a laptop with dell. I used my dell financial credit line to pay for it. after it was shipped and a tracking # was made available I somehow could not get fedex to deliver it properly. dell customer care claims it should be delivered, fedex people were also giving me the run around. low and behold through escalation at fedex did they find out there was a hold put on it by dell even though customer care said it was fine. it was dell financial (separate from CC) that had a hold on it from being delivered. it sat and sat at a local fedex station. It came down to needing a cell phone number to verify via dell financial that it was indeed me who ordered the computer, despite going online and logging in and using ss# to make a dell purchase.

unfortunately my cell has terrible reception at the office and real spotty at home. I kept providing a land line to verify of which they refused to use. so meanwhile dell customer care was claiming that computer was being shipped and delivered, their other arm of the business dell financial said no they cant get it to me and there is a hold. weeks went by and the two groups were giving me conflicting responses. finally was able to verify but it was too late, 2 1/2 weeks fedex sent it home to dell facility. 

called dell CC and they said WHATS WRONG??? what seems to be the problem? why are u returning it?? oh well i gotta have it to return it. i never got it so please just give me my 2600 back. i dont want it anymore. i dont want to ever have to deal with dell. ill kindly give my money to someone else to give me a better experience. frankly if this is how it is dealing with just receiving a shipment, i cant imagine what it would be like to try to troubleshoot a technical problem.

dell has really slipped over the years. this was simply unbearable. every time i tried to escalate the issue with a supervisor to just explain the situation, i either got dropped or got a voicemail to someone who was too busy to deal with me. i probably spoke to 20 indian reps. i even spoke to the same person twice, which is pretty incredible considering how many people man these call centers. 

cant say it enough I had a terrible almost-customer experience. i wasted so much time and effort and all this anticipation for a new computer only to be let down. how can they apologize for an issue they have no idea occurred?? 

so now here i am laptop and just waiting for my dell financial account to be credited. what a joke

13 Posts

June 3rd, 2013 19:00

tfeng,

I just want to say, I'm sorry for your experience. I know the excitement of getting a new computer.  I've been put through the technical Ringer by Dell this last year.  But I can see that sort of left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing happening in any of these computer and/or tech companies.  This level of money is attractive to any number of people along the chain. Any wrong move can easily throw a monkey wrench into someones plans.  The way fraud, ID theft, etc is now a days.  We all have to pay the inconvenience price for it, it seems.

I don't mean to make light of your experience because its described so well and intensely. I think it will be quite helpful to select Dell Employee's

I wouldn't give up on a company because of those goof ups. But, sadly I will be giving up because of my 3 Hard Drive failures with in a year and now out of warranty..  Carry-on, Rob:emotion-5:

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 5th, 2013 14:00

Hi tfeng,

Thank you for posting your comments and bringing your customer journey to our attention. Please allow me to sincerely apologize for any frustration or disappointment you may have been caused.

I am happy to look into this matter on your behalf.  

Please contact me privately by clicking on my name in blue, selecting the Email Icon or Start Conversation, and provide the following information.

Name:
Email Address:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Order Number:
Service Tag #:
Country of purchase:
Current country location:
Reason:

Thanks,
Lorna

13 Posts

June 5th, 2013 17:00

I was just responding to a customer with similar issues as mine. I did not expect another email.

Would Michael Dell be happy about my Dell experience? I don't know the man but how could he.

Lorna if you remember me, I'm the guy a couple months ago asked for an SSD replacement instead of chancing on getting another early death mechanical hard drive.  You said flat out no. I'm talking about, yes, the one I was sent because I didn't get something different just failed within 2 months this time.

I feel as perhaps Dorothy did at the end of the Movie the Wizard of Oz.  All of her new friends along the way got what they yearned for. A heart, a brain, and courage.  But I know there's nothing behind that big customer care board for me.   

The warranty is just a cover bridge over the year really.  A pretend that Dell has done their part.  I mean how many times can a piece of hardware be replaced before something different must be done?  I raised that question.  Yes. That was me about the SSD.  An easy solution.

The silly Wizard of Oz is bellowing smoke at me because he knew that when the warranty ended, not even he could give me the happy ending.

Everyone can laugh and go home, really being more bored than caring. The big wizard wreaked havoc and then left me without a functioning computer at all. 

Such an irony too that this was a gift, that I still cannot believe someone thought enough of me to buy.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 6th, 2013 07:00

Hi Robbee,

Sorry for any confusion, I was responding to the opriginal poster (OP) regarding his issue. I have asked the moderator to change your email preferences so you will not receive notifications when someone responds to a post to which you have added comments.

Yes, I remember your request for an SSD card. Unfortunately, your generous friend did not purchase a system that contained an SSD card. If you want to upgrade your system, you will need to contact Spare Parts 1-800-372-3355, and provide the Service Tag # so they can look up the part #.

Like all mechanical devices, computers are sooner or later subject to performance failures, no matter how well built they may be.  Consequently, we provide warranty coverage and a choice of Service Plan Agreements that furnish our customers with a range of options offering thorough coverage at reasonable prices. I always recommend our customers purchase the greatest amount of extended hardware warranty to protect their investment.

Thanks,
Lorna

No Events found!