Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 29th, 2013 12:00

Tax charged on purchasing gift cards?

Hello,

I've purchased gift cards in the past from Dell and not been charged tax.  However, on two recent orders I was charged tax on the purchase. The tax department at Dell says that tax is always charged on the purchase of a gift card. Is this true for anyone else? Is it a recent occurrence? Still trying to get it refunded.

Thanks!

7 Posts

September 6th, 2013 12:00

Yes, after being persistent with the Tax department and clarifying that they charged tax on the purchase of gift cards and not on the USE of gift cards, they processed my refund.  Keep pestering them at tax_department@dell.com!  Good Luck!

1 Message

September 6th, 2013 12:00

Any updates on this?  I just noticed they charged tax on a gift card purchase too.  Makes no sense as they will collect tax twice this way.  The confirmation screen before purchase did not show any tax but the email confirmation does show tax.

1 Message

December 6th, 2014 00:00

I am requesting a refund of $2.31 for the sales tax charged on my purchase. Dell charged tax on the purchase of gift card and not on the USE of gift card. I would get taxed TWICE - with Dell when I purchase the card, and again with Microsoft when I actually use the card.

No Events found!