Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 16th, 2023 11:00

Terrible service call experience

Your warranty service calls are terrible!!

2 times now for the same computer, your tech didn't have the part on the day of the appointment, and had to schedule. I am now waiting for the 3rd appointment!!

• On 1/7, I used WhatsApp for support on my Dell OptiFlex 7080. Eventually it was decided that a MOBO replacement is needed, and the rep scheduled a service call. 
  • On 1/8, I got an email from Dell saying the service call is the next day. Per email, "You can also message us, I asked in WhatsApp to reschedule my appointment, was told to discuss with the tech person when they contact me. 
  • On 1/9, Unisys tech Luis emailed, so I asked him to move to Thu or Fri, which he moved to Thu 1/12, 2-4pm.

So far so good...

• On 1/12, at 4:20pm, 20min after the appointment window, I called and texted Luis , he said "The part was shipped back to Dell, I had to relaunch the ticket and overnight the part for tomorrow... I'll have to reschedule for tomorrow as long as the part arrives on time... you will be receiving more detail by Dell. For reference Incident#70961195".

That was pretty disappointing, you didn't have the part, didn't tell me, only informed me when I asked after the appointment time was over. Is that good customer service?

• on 1/13 morning, I got a WhatsApp messages saying my case is closed, I replied to say that's not right, your rep replied "The technician is expected to arrive between Mon, Jan 16, 2023 8:00 AM and Mon, Jan 16, 2023 6:00 PM. You'll be up to date with any scheduling changes related to part availability."
  • On 1/13 at 9:21pm, I got a text from Dell, "Dell Msg: Dispatch is scheduled on 2023-01-16T08:00 to 2023-01-16T18:00. Reply STOP to end updates.". 
  • On 1/16, apparently, Unisys tech Raymond emailed me at 7:54am, the email said "I can be reached at *INSERTYOURUNISYSIPHONENUMBER*, Best Regards, *INSERTYOURFULLNAME*, Unisys"...

Really?? There is no validation check to see if critical fields are filled in when your company sends emails out?!?

• then I got a text at 9:12am saying "Dell Technologies representative has been scheduled to attend your  between 1/16/2023 1:00:00 PM - 1/16/2023 5:00:00 PM pending parts availability", I confirmed the appointment using the link in the chat, and got another text with Raymond's cell number.
  • At 12:48, I texted Raymond to confirm he is coming. After a bunch of back and forth, eventually he said "I'm sorry, I don't have your parts." and we had to reschedule, again.

Dell, really now, 2 times, you didn't have the part ready, and you scheduled and confirmed appointments with me?!?

Don't you think you should confirm the part is available, days before the appointment, or at least the night before the appointment, instead of wasting my time?

Why do you tell me you can't come after the appointment windows expired or just right before, and only when I asked?

Don't you think your customers have lives to live and should not be expected to rearrange our lives around your incompetent service calls? From a scale of 1 to 10, how do you rate your own service?

7 Posts

January 20th, 2023 20:00

To conclude this thread...

After I initially posted, within 30min Dell Social Media team messaged me asking for details and promised the 3rd appointment will work out. That was very good.

This morning, got a phone message to confirm the appointment, and got an email with tech's contact. Interestingly, the phone message said my appointment was 10am to 2pm, and the tech's email said 12-2pm...

The tech person turned out to be Luis again. I messaged him asking if he has the part in hand, he replied, he is still waiting for FedEx... Fortunately, right before the appointment window, he got the part and came on time. The rest of the repair was fine.

So, my observations are,

• Dell uses Unisys to do the repair visits, the technicians are fine, but the process makes them fail
  • Dell will make the appointment and confirm with customers before the parts are available
  • Even on the day of the appointment, Dell will make the customer confirm, even if the tech may not make the appointment
  • Success rate is 1 in 3 tries.

I like all the customer facing WhatsApp chat and the Social Media team responses... all the "talk" is really very good, but the "action" part is lacking.

Do better next time, Dell. But I hope I don't need a next time. 

No Events found!