Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 4th, 2012 00:00

Terribly frustrated!!!

I purchased MacAfee total protection from Dell over a week ago and cannot gain access to download because DELL download application fails to load. I have been jerked around by a service agent for a week now. Although I do not have my software DELL is charging me interest in the purchase which was immediately charged to my DELL account with no attempt to help me access the software.

I am sick of dealing with such a horrible non-caring company, and honestly their computers are only cheaper than Macs because they are poorly built and they do not service them. Its not wonder their stock price is on the way to zero along with HP. 

DELL needs to stop spending money on development and get back to customer service. I deal with DELL in a personal use way as well as a business/enterprise customer. I'm not sure which is more frustrating. Honestly even if Macs are twice the price at least I will be able to walk into a store and actually see someone. 

Its sad that DELL refuses to be accountable for their products. I was hoping my experience was an isolated incident but as is easily seen on DELL's own "customer Care" page (which is clearly a joke) it is not. I assume these problems will only increase as DELL's value as a public company continues to fall, leaving them in a tighter and tighter economic position. Something tells me the already ineffectual customer care dept may be on the chopping block.

If is my issue is resolved, which is doubtful, I do not see myself doing future business with DELL, it's like setting yourself up for frustration and disappointment.

I reality I never even wanted my computer to begin with. I was dis-satisfied when it arrived, but was told over and over again that my computer was purchased through an employee affiliate purchase program (thought they could never give detail as to how I was affiliated, or any saving I received) which it was not. I was told they could not help me and I would need to speak to a specific dept. and then I would be placed on hold until I hung up. I had spent over 30 hours on the phone in addition to chat logs and was never able to reach the needed dept to return the computer. 

I have kept my chat logs and emails and would happily share with anyone who cares to see. please respond and I will send you my email address or a public link . This is despicable, anyone who works for DELL should be ashamed of themselves, and looking for another job, its only a matter of time before businesses start transitioning to Apple/Mac and once that happens DELL is dead because they are killing off their customers one by one.

I was shocked at the amount of people with the same comment "I've always had a great experience with DELL, UNTIL NOW". But it really is all in the noise when your are just one angry customer in thousands. I'm not sure how the Board measures success, but it seems obvious to me that a change of culture at DELL is greatly needed. 

Pay attention to your customers! We pay your salaries!

November 4th, 2012 05:00

Their service has gone way downhill. For a multi-billion dollar company you think they could at least hire a few people in the US to field customer service calls. I suppose they just want to outsource to India for 10 cents an hour so they can fatten their wallets. My LCD went bad and they just accused me of dropping it or mishandling it even when I am an IT professional.

DELL = EPIC FAIL

2 Posts

November 4th, 2012 15:00

Dells customer service is by far the worst i come across. After getting a top of the range laptop it arrived nearly DOA with multiple hardware faults. I tried to get it resolved through dell customer support. After a week of daily phone calls and hurdle after hurdle, hours of being put on hold and just the most terrible incompetant, unhelpful staff, i gave up. I return the laptop to the retailer i bought it and swore never to buy another dell product.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 13th, 2012 15:00

Hi Yankee751,

Thank you for writing and sharing your experience with us. I sincerely regret you were unable to access your software download. Please click on my name in blue and provide your customer account information. i am happy to look into this matter on your behalf.

Name:
Email Address:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Service Tag Number:
Order Number:

Thank you,
Lorna

No Events found!