Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

4 Posts

June 20th, 2019 10:00

UPDATE: XPS 15-9575, returned for repair, received a broken one back, bad support... MORE **bleep**!!!

So, this is an update to what we are experiencing. My wife and I had to fix the wireless by buying a component allowing us to connect the computer to an Ethernet cable, allowing us to download and install the driver. But the problems don't stop there. Here are the additional issues: 1. The finger recognition does not work 2. There is a driver for the graphics card that we cannot install for some unknown reason 3. The mouse is not working and this seems related to yet another driver issue. SOOOOOOO, Dell helped us out and sent a technician to our home to fix this stuff. Keep in mind that we JUST got the computer back from Dell after they replaced a bunch of stuff including the fan, keyboard, palmrest, heatsink, and main logic board. So, the technician sits down and begins taking the back off of the computer and CANNOT DO IT BECAUSE THE "DEPOT" STRIPPED ONE OF THE BOLTS!!!!! So now Dell has another great solution: send the computer back to the "DEPOT" for additional work. Forget that this is a business computer for my wife. Forget that she has already been without the computer for the months of May and (now) June. Dell has had this almost new computer for more time than she has, and it has been a problem since the very first time it was turned on (check your records, Dell... day 1 we were on the phone with your support team for hours with only one suggestion for a fix. Guess what it was? "Send it back to us and we'll fix it"). This is nothing but a series of painful head aches. We suggested a number of things Dell could do to help out their customer, chief amongst them: 1. Send us a loaner ("we don't have that") 2. Replace this brick ("the issues don't meet our criterion for replacement") So, we are back at the ending of the beginning: No computer and Dell is incapable of making it right. This wonderful gift for my wife has become a nightmare for us both. Remote support can only provide one answer (return the computer to Dell... AGAIN). The "Depot" is incapable of doing their job. They made it so the field technicians are incapable of doing their jobs. And the only answer is continued interruptions and boxes being sent between our home and the Dell "Depot". I have always chosen Dell over all competitors (again, check on it, Dell. See how many computers I have purchased from you), but you are killing me here and making my next purchase a difficult one. These issues are ridiculous and wasteful for us both. This computer should be replaced.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

June 20th, 2019 11:00

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the inconvenience you had to go through. I will be glad to investigate this & assist you further.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to find the service tag

No Events found!