Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

June 15th, 2018 16:00

What happened to customer service?

I spent the last 24 hours dealing with poor customer service. My computer was sent to Austin, Texas for repair. I receive an email asking me to contact Dell because there was an issue regarding service. I called the number given me and was dumped into a regular customer service. I tried the chat room. Communication was extremely slow. They asked when I would be available, and I told them I was available. They said they needed a two hour window I said I would be available then. They then said it would have to be in the next 24 hours. I asked for a supervisor. When the communication was just as slow, I ended the communication. I finally got hold of a person in customer service who said they couldn't transfer me anyone in the States per my request. I finally talked to someone who seemed like they knew what they were doing and I received a call this morning from a tech. I finally talked to a person in Austin who was very professional. I had given all permissions such as a complete reinstall if necessary when completing the paperwork that was returned with the computer. I gave him the needed work a second time. He was nice enough to listen to me vent about how bad it was to contact him and what I dealt with when talking with people who sound like they were out sourced. I recently had a call from someone wanting me to tell my story once again even though he said he had all the communications. He acted like he was concerned but when he wanted to explain things to me I told him I didn't really care as I had wasted too much time for what was a simple issue. When he told me that there was no way I could speak to a company representative in the United States because the company was a global company even though all the work was being conducted in the United States where I lived I told him that since he could not meet my expectations I was ending the call. I am extremely disappointed that an American company, who is performing work in America, forces me to deal with people on the other side of the planet to speak to people in my own country. Why should I buy American when I can't speak with customer service or even find a number to call the headquarters of the American company providing me the product? I have purchased things from other countries without issue. Those suppliers in the other countries are very responsive to my concerns and treat me as a respected customer. If Dell wants my future business Dell needs to provide customer service that can I can deal with in the same country as the work is being done, or I will spend my money in another country. I shouldn't have to wait 24 hours for a call when I could get I my car and drive to the headquarters, or the repair site in less time.
No Responses!
No Events found!