Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

January 16th, 2018 08:00

Won’t process my return

I called yesterday to return a laptop after finding out that 32GB of memory is not how much the laptop really has. It really has only like 5GB free after everything is pre-loaded. Birthday present for My daughter who can’t use it for what she needs it for. The number I had was a tech support person. I said I wanted to return the laptop. He said he’d transfer me which wound up giving me a recording saying contact during normal business hours. It seemed like it was closed for MLK holiday. Called back today and have bounced to 3 people who say they can’t process the return because it expired yesterday. Even though they can see I called yesterday.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

January 19th, 2018 08:00

Hi Nixie57, 

Thanks for posting. Apologies that your daughter's system is not performing as expected.

Have you tried troubleshooting with Tech Support about this issue?  Contact Tech Support at 1-800-624-9896  or 1-800-288-4410, or you can initiate a chat session http://dell.to/2v4snVm.  If that is not resolving your issue, then you can try escalating to the Unresolved Issues department by filling out this form.  You will need the Service Request number.

2 Posts

January 19th, 2018 17:00

Thanks for following up Robert. I’ve spoken with tech support and came to conclusion that laptop isn’t fast enough nor holds enough storage for my daughter’s needs. I don’t think saying 32 GB but really having 5 GB available is fair. I called to return it on MLK day and got a tech who transferred me to returns dept. and since I got a message instead of a person I assumed the dept was closed for the holiday since I had just spoken with a person. Next morning I’m told I can’t return it because the previous day was the last day to do it. I called on that day, I spoke to someone at Dell requesting a return but I’m penalized because I reached the wrong dept, was transferred prior to dept opening and assumed closure due to holiday. Bad business practice in my opinion and I’ve contacted my state AG office for assistance. Very disappointed in Dell. By the time I repeat my story out of frustration to friends and family and my daughter does the same , Dell will miss out on potential customers due to short sighted customer response on a $200 laptop.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

January 22nd, 2018 18:00

Thank you for your message. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I will have our customer service team look into this and assist you within our support boundaries.

Please click on the message tab – click new message & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag/order number, registered name & email address.

No Events found!