Start a Conversation

Unsolved

JD

3 Posts

December 7th, 2018 13:00

eBay purchase, cannot transfer warranty

I bought a new Precision 7730 on eBay with a 3 year+accidental warranty. Dell is repeatedly denying Dell warranty ownership transfer application. When I chatted and then called to ask why, they said someone used my service tag for fan repair. It doesn't make any sense. When I asked who, they identified the same city/location of where I purchased item from, but nothing else. They made a request that ONLY the seller can call Dell and make the warranty transfer. Through eBay messaging, seller is refusing to help. I don't understand. I own the unit. I have receipt of proof of purchase. Item was purchased 3 days after warranty started so it was bought new. Is there any way I can get warranty transferred into my name?

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

December 7th, 2018 14:00

You did not buy from Dell so you technically bought a used computer. If the seller will not transfer the warranty he might not be the original purchaser. You are out of luck if the original owner cannot transfer the warranty. Consider returning it to the Ebay seller unless he can transfer the warranty he promised in the listing. Ebay can enforce the return if necessary.

No Events found!