Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 26th, 2016 07:00

update the warranty status

I have purchased a new Dell inspiron-17-5749 laptop with serial number (deleted)  from Extra store / Saudi Arabia with receipt number (deleted) dated 14/11/2015. Knowing that the warranty is two years, when i checked my warranty status i discovered that the warranty on my laptop ends at 31/3/2017, how can update the warranty status of my laptop to confirm with the purchased date. I have Registered my laptop at dell.com two months ago and warranty status was not updated.

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

February 29th, 2016 11:00

Hi ihabahmeddell,

Thanks for posting.

I apologize for the confusion over your warranty service contract.  Unfortunately I do not have the ability to see orders outside the USA, so I won't be able to look anything up for you.  You will have to contact customer service in your country to find the answers to your questions.  As long as your registration was approved, there shouldn't be a problem.  Sometimes the website can take some time to update, which is why you might not be able to see this right away.  A call to customer care can confirm the warranty you may have. 

Another thing to check is if the extended warranty was through Dell or through Extra store, as normally systems purchased at retailers only have 1 year of warranty from Dell.

Hope this helps explains things a bit for you.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!