Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 6th, 2015 02:00

Access LUN 31 is changed weird on Windows Server.

Access LUN 31 is changed weird on Windows server as below photo.

I wrote in Eng, cause it is korean language system.

Whatever, there is nothing on RED box. It is Access LUN 31.

I don't know what happened. One day, it was changed suddenly as above.

Then, I can't change it to normal. Then the boot time of the windows server is to be slower.

Almost 2 times than before.

Is there anybody who experienced similar situation?

Please let me know how to fix it.

Thanks.

May 6th, 2015 09:00

Hello, Lee JongHo.

So, LUN 31 is (as you stated) an access LUN. Just a small partition with instructions for the Host to access the storage. (simplest explanation) This LUN gets masked by the MPIO software that comes with the Storage vendor for the most part.

I don't know what storage you're using, but I would first try re-installing the MPIO software. If you're using PowerVault's MD line, re-install MDSM.

(As a side note, I've often seen it require a complete uninstall, and re-install. A re-install over the old won't work for some reason)

If it's EqualLogic, I'd re-install HITkit. If it's EMC, re-install PowerPath.

This would be the first steps I'd take if I were the storage Admin.

I hope that helps.

3 Posts

May 6th, 2015 19:00

I am using MD-3860f. And it doesn't disappeared even though I re-install Windows OS.

And as above answer, I installed MDSM on the server, then the small disk (LUN 31) is disappeared.

I really appreciate it. Thanks for your help. :)

May 9th, 2015 16:00

Lun 31 is an access control lun that the powervault uses to exchange information and commands with the server. It is not a volume you can write your own data to.  The MD Storage Manager is supposed to hide the lun 31 from disk management. Make sure you installed MD Storage Manager on the windows server that is accessing the volume and that you selected to install the host portion of this.

No Events found!