Start a Conversation

Unsolved

2 Posts

April 10th, 2020 09:00

Enforce signing and binding fromVNX.

Hi folks,

I have a question.

An individual has asked me:

"My company is using EMC NAS from this box. I am looking into implementing LDAP Signing and Binding for user accessing map drive in EMC NAS to address MS AD enhancement, ADV190023.

Configuring and Managing CIFS on VNX™, P/N 300-013-429 Rev 01
LDAP signing and encryption (Page 26 of 162)

Reference to following document, there is not much details provided in implementing LDAP Singing and Binding. It only stated "The LDAP client (in this case, the Data Mover) makes the final decision on the security level to use. "

Whether I can enforce signing and binding at VNX end, if my AD LDAP side LDAPServerIntegrity and dapEnforceChannelBinding is set to 1 (auto negotiate) .

Just to share, what I understand from Netapp is that Netapp is able to enforce LDAP signing and channel binding at Netapp end. Whereas EMC UNITY can't. "

I have provided this to the individual asking.

306217 : VNX : How to configure LDAP authentication on VNX, [Customer Correctable]

425521 : Configuring LDAP on VNX Unified systems running 7.1 / R32 or 8.1 / 

345204 : Celerra support for SMB Signing, NTLMv2 Authentication, and LDAP Signing. 

541269 : Dell EMC Unity: 2020 LDAP channel binding and LDAP signing requirement for Windows CVE-2017-8563 (User Correctable)

It could be a Professional Services task, but I would really like to give them a yes or no answer with a reason.

Maybe, I am missing something.

A second opinion would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Seamus

• 

7.1K Posts

April 13th, 2020 12:00

Hello Byrne01,

VNX Monitoring and Reporting does not support LDAP or AD; it is only supported in EMC Watch4Net and SRM.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

2 Posts

April 14th, 2020 05:00

Hi,

Well the question was not related to monitoring and reporting.

It is related to LDAP signing and binding from VNX with AD.

It's Ok, I think the answer is in the Configuring and Managing CIFS on VNX™ whitepaper.

Thanks for the effort.

No Events found!