Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

November 4th, 2009 11:00

Website/email for correcting peripheral information.

Hello.

Can someone direct me to a website, email or phone number to correct Service Tag & Peripheral information on DELL EMC Storage equipment.  I have two that have incorrect service tags associated with them in my systems & peripherals resource list.  It isn't something I want to burden the gold support center with, but I would like to have it corrected before an identity crisis occurs.

Thanks
Curt.

4 Operator

• 

9.3K Posts

November 4th, 2009 12:00

Do you mean the description on the Dell site doesn't match what the hardware really is? (e.g. switch service tag on the Dell site is really the AX150's service tag)

November 5th, 2009 06:00

Yes.  Specifically, a service tag for a CX3-40 DAE2 comes up as a brocade DS-16 fiber switch, and the service tag for one of our DS16's comes up as a DAE2..  It also shows our old (failed) brocade DS16 as being expired, but when I try to add the service tag from the replacement silkworm 3800, it says that the service tag does not exist.  This has not been an issue in the past with support, but I would like to get it corrected for our records as well as DELL's.  I've looked around the site trying to find a contact point without success.  I tried to go through email tech support.  The page doesn't appear to complete.  I wonder if IE6 has anything to do with that!  I didn't want to bother the gold support team with something minor like this, so that's why I posted here.  BTW, I could not export the My List from the web.  It returns a "500 - Service Processing Error" message.  Is my level of IE at fault there?

Thanks.
Curt.

November 18th, 2009 10:00

Can anyone field this question?  :emotion-18:

946 Posts

November 18th, 2009 10:00

To get the correct ST associated with the correct equipment you must call into support and they will be able to resolve that for you.

November 19th, 2009 05:00

Thanks Dennis!

Curt.

No Events found!