Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 27th, 2013 05:00

iSCSI to SAS Bridge on TL4000

Our TL4000 tape library is out of warranty. I think we need a replacement iSCSI to SAS bridge. I have already tried a replacement H176G Assy, Cbl, Sas, Ext, Mini, 0.6m, 1x2. Here's the symptoms. After rebooting the tape library, which has 2 tape drives, and attached server during a Microsoft DPM backup only one tape drive was showing up in Device Manager and iSCSI Initiator on the server, as well as in Device Management in the TL2000/TL4000 iSCSI-SAS Bridge GUI. I have rebooted the library and server, re-discovered the iSCSI targets on the server. I then swithced the Y end of the cable on the tape drives, and then the media changer and other drive showed up. I thought it might be the cable, so I replaced it. Same symptoms. In Device Management in the Bridge GUI all 3 targets show up but the drive that doesn't show up doesn't have Device info listed for it, just the Target and Device WWN. Going to the tape library GUI iteself everything is showing up correctly. DPM is running fine with just the library and one drive showing up. There's nothing in the bridge logs. Is it a bad iSCSI to SAS bridge? The server connected to the library through iSCSI is a Dell PowerEdge R510 running Windows Server 2008 R2 and Micrsoft's DPM 2012 SP1.

Thanks.

Cyndi

• 

7.1K Posts

February 27th, 2013 09:00

Hello Cyndi,

You have done just about all the steps to confirm that the iSCSI bridge is your issue.  One last think that I would try is to try to restore the bridge back to factory defaults.  You can do that by going into the iSCSI bridge & then selecting load/save config.  Once in there you will see the option to restore to factory.

If you go through the setup again & you still can’t see both drives then it will be the iSCSI bridge that will need to be replaced as it has gone bad.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

February 27th, 2013 10:00

That's what I figured. I restored the bridge to factory as suggested. Same symptoms. Going to get a quote for a replacement bridge. Thanks. for your help.

• 

7.1K Posts

February 27th, 2013 11:00

Hello Cyndi,

Not a problem as we are here to assist.  Please let us know after you get your replacement iSCSI bridge if you have any other issues and we would be glad to assist you in resolving your issue.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

No Events found!