Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 29th, 2014 07:00

Can i access DPA 6.1 reports without login credentials

Hi

Can someone advise how to view DPA6.1 reports without login credentials. The previous DPA5.8 reports did not require to login to view reports but after the installation of DPA6.1, all reports require to login and this is not good as i have to create lot of users to allow to view reports, how can i make the report to ignore login and users can just clikc the link and view the report.

appreciate the support.

4 Posts

April 30th, 2014 00:00

Hi

I also struggled with this change in DPA6.x and would like to see addressed in future version of DPA.

In DPA6.1, it is possible to use the Active Directory integration with Auto-Login to provide access to scheduled reports without having to create a lot of users in DPA. Unfortunately we can't use this for all our users.

I implemented a work-around by installing a separate web server on the DPA Application server. I configured it to allow anonymous access to the scheduled reports under \services\shared\report-results\scheduled

4 Posts

April 30th, 2014 07:00

Thanks for the reply. please let me know if this workaround was on windows or linux. Our DPA is on linux.

appreciate if you can share steps of the configuration.

4 Posts

April 30th, 2014 08:00

Our workaround was on Windows however you should be able to do something similar on Linux. You could install an Apache web server on the Linux server (if you're allowed to do this) and modify the httpd.conf file to allow anonymous read access to the directory containing the scheduled reports.

11 Posts

July 17th, 2014 07:00

I think I may be running foul of this issue too.

I am looking to run reports on demand from a perl program using the LWP to the api.

I can get the node-id from an apollo-api/nodes query and apparently generate a report, but when doing the "get" to read the report I get authentication errors.

In this case the extra web-server solution won't help, I'll have to try to get the format for the logon/password into the xml.

No Events found!