Now I get all the data what I need:

Save Set ID

Save Set

Level

Num Files

Start Time

Status

Duration

But now report has column that is labelled "Noted" and it's value is time few hours before start time. I can't find it in any data sources or in "Table Data" customizing screen. How can I get rid of it? Also there is some other column after noted without label and with some numeric value.

DPA version 5.7.1

141 Posts

March 8th, 2011 02:00

Hi Teemu,

In that case would the following work for you:

- Use the Backup Save Set Details data source, with no interval set on the Times tab

- Feed that into the Extended Save Set Info operator to generate a Duration field for each save set

- Feed that into the Extended Job Rollup operator and roll up via Save Set with no interval set

The above should give you 1 row per save set with the earliest start time and latest end time if there are multiple runs of the same save set in that time period. It will also give you the total duration of those multiple runs etc.

Thanks

David

EMC Technical Support

20 Posts

March 8th, 2011 01:00

Hi,

I'm trying to get all save set's listed and grouped by save set name in start time order within time window (one month). I have some 70 different save set's that I need to have listed in this report and my plan was to parse those out with condition-definition in merge-operator. This will generate some 5000- 7000 rows but our customer want's this so I have no options.

Can I use csv-file(or something else method) to import those save set's to report condition?

Teemu

141 Posts

Good Day,

The Note column appears when you have more that one row with the same set of key fields. The key fields are the fields displayed in Bold, and the Noted column is added to help uniquely identify the rows from one another. It does not exist as a field in the database and cannot be selected/deselected as part of Table Data.

Could you tell me what data you are trying to obtain from Backup Statistics that is not available from backup Save Set details?

Kind Regards

David

EMC Technical Support

20 Posts

Hello,

Thanks for reply. I need total duration of save set's from statistics, I

haven't found it form any other source. Last week we had an 2 days

course here in Finland (Elvin Kan was the instructor but I forgot to ask

him ).

Br,

Teemu Vinnikka

141 Posts

Hi Teemu,

Are you trying to break down the output via an interval (e.g. Daily) or are you looking for the total per Save Set over the time window?

Thanks

David

EMC Technical Support

141 Posts

Hi Teemu,

In that case you can just use my instructions but without the Rollup operator. That will generate the Duration for you (end time - start time of save set) and can be included in the output.

Kind Regards

David

EMC Technical Support

20 Posts

Hi,

I propably made my point somehow wrong. I need all save set's listed, not rollupped to one line. So I have to group by save set and order those lines by start time. So I will have 20-200 lines per one save set when running report for one month.

Here is example:

Save Set Name Save Time Save Set ID Level Duration (Min) Save Set Size (GB) Number of Files
/vol/saplog_nn 1.1.2011  5:21:19 3961429427 full 3 2
/vol/saplog_nn 1.1.2011  14:43:37 3156156793 full 2 1
/vol/saplog_nn 1.1.2011  20:24:33 1797222753 full 3 2
/vol/saplog_nn 1.1.2011  22:52:06 4280259574 full 4 3

And I have some 70 different save set's to include in this report (total rows will be somewhere around 7000). I know, there is no sense but it's our customer's will that rules. Duration must be real duration that that current backup really did take and this is that info why I need Backup Statistics -source (and get that Noted column).

20 Posts

March 8th, 2011 03:00

Excellent, now I get proper report!. One question still, is there any way to fetch save set-names which should be included to report, into condition? Now I can add those to save set details-source but this is so time consuming and hard to keep updated. If there is a way to fetch data (like from CSV-file), this would help a lot!

Br,

Teemu

20 Posts

March 8th, 2011 04:00

Here is my dataflow. For some reason, this won't produce wanted results. Where I could start searching problems? What should be selected in Add Field-operators "Cast"?

data_flow_read_csv.jpg

data_flow_readcsv.jpg

data_flow_addfield.jpg

data_flow_merge.jpg

Br,

Teemu

141 Posts

March 8th, 2011 04:00

Hi Teemu ,

Yes there is a ReadCSV data source (under External category) which you could use to merge in to use as a filter. For example the csv file used could contain a field called "Save Set" which held the names of the save sets you wanted to include in the report output. You can then use the Add field operator to add a field called "Include" with a value of "Yes". You could then merge this with the Backup Save Set Details data source (Backup Save Set Details on the left, and ReadCSV on the right of the merge) and apply a condition of "Include is equal to Yes". This should then only return rows from the Backup Save Set Details data source where the save set name matches the name in your CSV file.

Kind Regards

David

EMC Technical Support

20 Posts

March 10th, 2011 00:00

Hello again,

When looking reporte-log, it says following:

reporter - com.sysdm.wysdm.reporter.source.ReadCSVFile(): [pool-1-thread-3]Line has different number of values to number of fields - ignoring

What are these pool 1 and thread 3?

Teemu

141 Posts

March 10th, 2011 02:00

Hi Teemu,

The message indicates that you have configured a ReadCSV data source with less fields than the actual csv file has. If any of the rows in your csv file has more fields than you defined in the ReadCSV data source, then you will need to either remove those extra fields, or add them into the Read CSV data source.

Thanks

David

EMC Technical Support

20 Posts

April 1st, 2011 01:00

Quick update to this issue, I found another way to fetch needed client-data (thanks to our NetWorker-guys). There is always customers name in comment-field so with this same procedure, I could fetch that data and with same workflow now I can have needed host's included to report.

Edit: I celebrated too soon, now reports are using lots of time and memory to beeing produced. Here is my workflow:

dpa_workflow.jpg

In Backup server mapping, there is condition to include only when certain string of text is found on comment. Only neccesary fields are returned (bolded ones).

Add field-operator adds field "Include", value Yes. In this point only client name and Include-filed are returned, anything else is dropped.

Backup server details: all returned

Rollup: Save set's are rollupped by client

Merge: Condition "include equals yes" so anything else is dropped.

What am I doing wrong? This shouldn't take 15 minutes to run and use 10gigs of memory and if I run it against of all our NetWorker-servers, it will crash. And also this Noted-field appeared again on report and there is 3 times all of the rows needed, only noted-filed changes.

31 Posts

April 8th, 2011 11:00

This issue would be better resolved by contacting EMC support where they can gather logs and configuration information to investigate. Note as well EMC provides Professional Services for creating custom reports that you wish to take advantage of.

20 Posts

April 12th, 2011 01:00

Excellent tip, didn't realize that possibility. Now after quick troubleshooting everything is running smoothly, I had to use "Add field" -operator and use it to parse certain save set's to report and after that do rollup and order. Thank you all who participated on this!

No Events found!