Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 11th, 2015 08:00

EMC NetWorker and Symantec NetBackp Source/FrontEnd capacity Report with DPA ?

Hello,

The environment that I have works with NetWorker/DataDomain and NetBackup.

To unify the report, we are planning to install and configure the DPA, from EMC.

But both NetWorker and NetBackup are licensed to use the Source Capacity/FrontEnd Capacity.

Do you know with DPA can get the information from Source Capacity  and how to do it ?

Best Regards,

jgsilvasp

55 Posts

February 19th, 2015 09:00

Bumping, I also would like to know this

66 Posts

February 19th, 2015 11:00

DPA 5.8.4 and later releases (including all DPA v6.x releases) includes a report called "Estimated Protected Capacity". You can find this report under Status / Backup in the report menu.

The objective of this report is to attempt to determine the total protected (front-end) capacity of a backup environment. It works by determining the size of the last full backup for each client and it shows totals for filesystem backup and MS-SQL backups. There is also an "Estimated Protected Capacity Details" report which lists protected capacity for each client.

Note that the report only includes the last full backup made in the time period that the report is run over. For example, if you run the report for "last day" but a client did not have a full backup in the last 3 days then that client will not be included. Therefore it is recommended to run the report over a time period of 60 days.

The report was designed for NetWorker, Avamar and Oracle RMAN backups but it is thought that it should also work for NetBackup. Note that while it works when monitoring Oracle RMAN directly, it does not include RMAN backups made within NetWorker.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Gareth

66 Posts

February 20th, 2015 09:00

Glad I could help -- and thanks for mentioning this on your blog to help get the word out about this useful report.

55 Posts

February 20th, 2015 09:00

Dude, this is great. I would have never have thought to look there. jgsilvatel can you please mark this as answered?

No Events found!