Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 15th, 2016 10:00

How To Save A Scheduled Report To A Network CIFS Share

I need to be able to save a scheduled report from DPA to a networked location (i.e. \\us.omega\public\DPA\filename.csv) All that I can seem to do is to save it to the locally installed publish path. I don't want it shared as a webpage. The file needs to be dropped into the network shared folder for processing by another team.

Can someone please tell me how to drop the report into a csv file format on a networked shared folder?

Thanks!

1 Message

March 16th, 2016 07:00

I use DPA on Linux, so obviously it's a bit different, but I have modified the scheduled directory to point to an NFS share. 

For example:

The original path that scheduled reports are written to is /dpa/services/shared/report-results/scheduled

I changed 'scheduled' into a link to the NFS path, so hopefully you have a comparable path on the Windows side, I would try making this a shortcut to your CIFS path.  Keep in mind that this method will affect all scheduled reports, so you wouldn't be able to choose between a "local report" and a "CIFS report." 

Then when scheduling your report, you just supply the filename in the Target Settings. 

You also have the ability to create subdirectories under this path if you want to further organize your reports, so in the Target settings you would provide the subdirectory along with the filename:

Capture.JPG.jpg

1.2K Posts

March 16th, 2016 05:00

Hi Chuck_D -

Are you running DPA on a Windows server?  If so, you have two options - 1) you can mount the remote CIFS share as a drive on the server or 2) you can mount a Windows CIFS share as a folder on your server.  I prefer method #2, especially on Windows Server 2008 R2 or later - this seems to work very nicely.

Let us know if that helps!

Karl

4 Posts

March 16th, 2016 07:00

Capture2_DPA.JPG.jpg

I have tried that. I have CIFS drives/folders mounted. The problem is that when I run the report, it creates a folder for whatever I put in here as a path name, and stores it there:

Capture1_DPA.JPG.jpg

If I try to use the Drive mapping: i.e. P:\blah\filename.csv then it make a P folder in the same path on the C: drive which I keep seeing called the "Document Root". I need to change Document Root and I can't find anyway to do that in the documentation. Except it tells me that if I do change it that I have to restart the application...

No Events found!