Highlighted

Invalid credentials

Hello,

we are unable to login with our domain credentials since all the users login names consist of "name.surname" while non-alphanumeric characters seem to be blocked (I got the error when trying to create a local user in the same format). I could setup directory services all right and even the test connection using my "name.surname" login was successful. Please see the screenshots below.

Could you please let me know how to workaround or fix this?

Thank you for your response in advance.

Best regards,

Michal Kopecny

Login failed

AD SetupTest ConnectionSuccessLocal User Failed

0 Kudos
29 Replies

Re: Invalid credentials

Michal.Kopecny,

You may want to verify that it is allowing complex passwords. You can do so by;

Open Active Directory Users and Computers.

In the console tree, right-click the domain or organizational unit that you want to set Group Policy for.

Click Properties, and then click the Group Policy tab.

Click an entry in Group Policy Object Links to select an existing Group Policy object (GPO), and then click Edit. You can also click New to create a new GPO, and then click Edit.

In the console tree, click Password Policy (Group Policy Object [computer name] Policy/Computer Configuration/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Account Policies/Password Policy)

In the details pane, right-click the policy setting that you want, and then click Properties.

If you are defining this policy setting for the first time, select the Define this policy setting check box.

Select the options that you want, and then click OK.

By setting that you get the ability to then require/allow the following

English uppercase characters (A through Z).

English lowercase characters (a through z).

Base-10 digits (0 through 9).

Non-alphanumeric (for example, !, $, #, %). extended ASCII, symbolic, or linguistic characters.

Let me know if this helps.

Chris Hawk
Dell EMC, Enterprise Engineer
Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO
0 Kudos
admlshake
Silver

I'm having a similar issue, but I did it as Group memberships.  None of the logins work, but it works when I do the test.  I've checked and rechecked all the settings and gone over the (very light) instructions.

A.W
Silver

unable to login OpenManage Ent.

Hi all,

I have installed a new Dell EMC OpenManage enterprise, but failed to login via Web console. I double confirmed that the username "admin" and passcode is correct.

why?

B.R

AW

0 Kudos
A.W
Silver

I even could not logon OME Enterprise default web portal with "admin" after deployment.

0 Kudos
svepau
Bronze

i also set this up with group membership, and it only works when i use domain\username as username.

i see no option for changing this.

0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

the problem is not in the password but the login name itself.. If I create a user without the dot character in the login name in the same domain and the same group, I can log in just fine.

Thanks for looking into this matter.

0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I've been off digging into this.  Short story: yep, bug.  Dots are a problem in user name.  I've notified the team to address.

Thanks for the post and sorry for the inconvenience on this one.

Regards,

Rob

DELL-Rob C
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

I've noticed that login with UPN doesn't work and I need to use domain\username instead.

0 Kudos

Thanks Marc, sending along...

Regards,

Rob

DELL-Rob C
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos