Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

2 Posts

October 8th, 2018 07:00

OM Enterprise - Devices - Custom Groups - Managed State

Simple Problem:

1. Want to make a custom group with only all devices with manged state "Managed wiht Alerts". Can not find the criteria which defines the query.

2. Want to make a custom group with only all devices with manged state "Managed" only. Can not find the criteria which defines the query.

Perhaps it exist such a criteria, but I havent found it.

1K Posts

October 10th, 2018 03:00

Hi,

I am unclear on what you mean by "Managed with Alerts" and "Managed only". I don't think there is any such criteria. You can create query based on Alert, Alert Catalog, Alert Definition and Alert Sub-Category. And if you have a device matching the query criteria, that will get listed on the left hand side tree in Devices Page.

2 Posts

October 12th, 2018 05:00

Hi Pupul thank you for your reply. what I mean is - on the device view by groups - if you click on a group and view the devices in the group - there are main information like "name, ip address, service tag, model, type ..." and at the right end site - "managed state". I have near 200 devices, mostly servers - and this servers are located around the world at 10 different sites. I made group for each site to have a site overview. so, I have older server, like the PERx10 server - and they are not full supported by OME - the managed state of them is only "managed" - the PERx20 and newer are "managed with alerts" - but the health state of such older PERx10 servers is "unknown" - so that makes me crazy because in each group that is an PERx10 server the status is also unknown - even though everything is OK. so, my idea was to create separate groups for the older server - so that in the group with the newer server there is no more a problem with the "unknown" servers which where only "managed" (managed state). I want have the query field "managed state" which was in the overview - to make a easy query. I cannot make query by models - to many models and the query does not support such much criteria selections, limit is here: ( Device DNS Name begins with zo ) AND ( Device Model contains R310 OR Device Model contains R510 OR Device Model contains R610 OR Device Model contains R710 OR Device Model contains unknown ) regards TheTomato

2 Posts

April 8th, 2019 21:00

I have also same issue in our OME, scenario like as below.

Created static group as per server category like as PROD, UAT and ESXi

Most of the servers are showing managed state like as "Managed", this category getting in line of static group or all devices, Name, IP address, Service Tag, Model, Type and the Managed state

some servers are showing managed state like as "Managed with Alerts"

what is the difference in the both parameter?

2 Posts

April 8th, 2019 22:00

Hello Guys,

I got the resolution of the work how to managed the device with Manage and Managed State category.

While discovering the device please click on below Addition Options "Enable trap reception from discovered iDRAC servers and MX7000 chassis." and search it. Thanks :) 

No Events found!