Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

AS

April 26th, 2018 02:00

OpenManage Enterprise and SupportAssist Enterprise

The introduction of OpenManage Enterprise is done by installing a virtual machine (via virtual appliance) on an existing Hypervisor. Does that VM also include an instance of SupportAssist Enterprise? If not, is it possible to install SAE on that VM or does the customer need to allocate a separate VM for SAE?

9 Posts

April 26th, 2018 06:00

I just wanted to ask the same question. Additionally, if OME and SAE are supposed to run on separate machines, are they working together? Do they both receive alerts, etc.?

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

April 26th, 2018 07:00

Hi folks thanks for the questions.

The OpenManage Enterprise appliance is fairly locked down for security reasons.  So I believe the best approach is to put SAE on a new VM or server.  Then SAE will monitor the alerts coming into OMEnt.

Thanks,

Rob

22 Posts

June 18th, 2018 07:00

"Then SAE will monitor the alerts coming into OMEnt" however when I try this I'm getting an error of SA-20130 for me the error relates to the remote system must be running a windows OS, so how do you get SA working with the appliance please?

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

June 18th, 2018 08:00

If you could, go ahead and post over in the Support Assist forum.  Those folks hang out there and can probably give you a few quick tips.

Thanks!

Rob

https://www.dell.com/community/SupportAssist/bd-p/Support-Assist

No Events found!