Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 7th, 2017 09:00

Announce: OpenManage Enterprise Tech Release is now available!

Team,

We're happy to announce that OpenManage Enterprise Tech Release is ready to download.  Please visit the DellTechCenter page for download and documentation.  We'll be adding more content there in the coming days.

Feel free to post your questions in the discussion forum below and we'll do our best to get you up and running.

Thanks!

Rob

Enterprise discussion forum:

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/systems-management/f/4494/t/20023785

68 Posts

December 11th, 2017 12:00

Hi Rob,

Imported the machine (Hyper-V) onto w2016 host. Browser won't connect to the web site. Won't ping. Tried legacy network card, static and DHCP. Don't know how to get into command line to check network. Please advise.

Thanks,

Ken

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

December 11th, 2017 18:00

Hi Ken and thanks for the post.

Let's back out all the DHCP settings and just try getting set up with a static to see how that goes.

After you remove the DHCP settings, do a Services restart from the Text User Interface (TUI) and then set the static.

Let me know how that goes.

Thanks,

Rob

en.community.dell.com/.../12404.openmanage-enterprise

en.community.dell.com/.../20023785

68 Posts

December 12th, 2017 10:00

Hi Rob, actually I was using a static IP. When I try to change the "Configure Network Interface" now I get an error: "CGEN6007 : Unable to complete the operation because of a configuration error in the infrastructure layer."  I can import the vm again and start over, but already did that once.

Thanks,

Ken

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

December 12th, 2017 10:00

Hmmm ok generally if you back out any settings you made, then hit the Restart service option you can go back to enter a static address and you should be ok.  You can try to redeploy the appliance or call support as a last resort. Sorry this one is not obvious to me. But let me know how it goes and I'll pass the feedback doing.

Thx

Rob

1 Message

January 24th, 2018 12:00

Has the  CGEN6007 Configure Network Interface error been resolved ? 

1 Message

January 24th, 2018 20:00

I managed to get around the CGEN6007 error by creating a new Virtual Machine and using an existing disk which came from the download of Open Mange Enterprise, the error seems to be with the VM config file as I can now update the network parameters without this annoying error. 

Steps to get it to work:
1.) Create a new VM in Hyper V
2.) Link the 'Existing Disk' and select the 'openmanage_enterprise.x86_64-0.0.1.vhd' 

Hope that this can be of some assistance to others having the same issue in Hyper V. 

1 Message

June 25th, 2018 14:00

It's working quite good but I'm really missing 11th (Dell PE Rx10) gen support so in an enterprise environment its useless...

No Events found!