Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 22nd, 2017 21:00

Can Open Manage Essentials do the updates on OEM devices?

Hi, I am trying to do the updates on the OEM devices for eg Power Edge R620. Can anyone point me in the right direction to do the updates on those servers from Open Manage Essentials. I can discover them but it does say that all the servers are complaint. The version I have on them for iDRAC is 1.57.57, but I would like to update it to 2.41.40.40. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

4 Posts

September 25th, 2017 11:00

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

1. I am using OME 2.3.0.1721 with the catalog from July 2017.

2. The catalog I am using currently is from 07/2017.  I don't want to update the catalog to the latest available, because we would like to fix to that catalog as it is being tested on our servers as benchmark.

The OEM devices I have in my inventory are R620's and R630's. The version available in them are idrac 1.57.57 and latest available idrac firmware version according the existing catalog is 2.41.40.40. With this information I would think that I would be able to update  them to the latest versions, however, Open Manage Essentials is showing that they are up to date under System Update/Compliant Systems.

How would Open Manage Essentials detect the versions of OEM devices? Is it by using the ServiceTAG or Using the Catalog?

September 25th, 2017 11:00

Hi, thanks for the query.

Yes, you can update OEM servers using OME. May I know:

1. What version of OME are you using?

2. Is the catalog up to date? You can check the status above pie-chart on system update portal.

September 26th, 2017 02:00

It is detected based on the system Id of the discovered server against the catalog. What "Software Version" do you see in "Software Inventory Information" table of the server?

4 Posts

September 26th, 2017 14:00

It is showing as 1.57.57 in the Software inventory Information. 

Somehow, today I tried to the discovery and inventory again on the OEM devices, now they are being identified as Unknown in the OME????? How is this possible?

September 27th, 2017 08:00

Please run a Troubleshooting test against this server and see if it reports problem.

No Events found!