Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

September 12th, 2018 11:00

Deploy Template Failure

I have created a template that includes a BIOS modification for my M620 blades.  I used a reference device for the template.  When I go to deploy the template, there are no devices available to select from.  We have 72 blades, and they are all managed and discoverable.  Any ideas why I am not able to select a blade?  Thanks.

Roger

September 13th, 2018 20:00

Hi, thanks for the query.

Template deployment is an upsell feature of OpenManage Essentials, for which, each server needs additional license for being deployed.

License Info:

Licensing OpenManage Essentials "Server Configuration Management": OpenManage Essentials (OME) is available as a free software download. The download of OpenManage Essentials software also includes the opportunity to download and activate Dell SupportAssist services. In addition, Dell offers fee-based "Server Configuration Management" licenses that enable template–based deployment and configuration of bare-metal PowerEdge servers, detection of server configuration drift, virtual IO management. and state-less computing, among several additional management capabilities. "Server Configuration Management" licenses are available at both POS (Point-Of-Sale) with a server purchase and APOS (After-Point-Of-Sale) for 12th, 13th and 14th generation PowerEdge servers. License SKUS for OpenManage Essentials "Server Configuration Management" are as follows:

• POS: 634-BBWU (12th and 13th generation PowerEdge servers)
  • APOS: 634-BBWT (12th and 13th generation PowerEdge servers)
  • POS: 528-BBWT (14th generation PowerEdge servers)
  • APOS: 528-BBSB (14th generation PowerEdge servers)

For additional information, please contact a Dell Sales Representative.

No Events found!